Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Nissan Rogue Sport:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.

Aug 292018

Rogue Sport Midnight SV 2.5L

• CVT transmission

When on a street in the right lane turning left (a slow left curve) going about 30 mph the automatic braking sensor (AEB) looks at objects to the right that are in front of it and slams on the brakes. It senses that something is in front of it. I thought I ran over something the first time it happened at approx 800 miles and it scared the sheeeet out of me.

I bought this car for my wife and was just glad she was not in it. About 4 days later, same thing. Now, driving it is like a terror show, with anxiety on full blast. I took it to the dealer and have a loaner right now. If it happens again I am going straight to the dealer for all my cash back and/or straight into Court. No use waiting until my wife is injured or worse until I get out of the car.

They claim they are desensitizing it right now. Funny thing is, I would drive right up behind other cars (I am obsessive about not tailgating and drive way back; am in my mid-60's with no tickets and no accidents) to see if the ABS worked and it never came on the few times I tried to force it to work. Seems like it only works whenever it feels like the driver needs to be terrorized. You can imagine driving along and all of a sudden the brakes slamming on with cars racing up behind you and you just waiting for the big BLAM!!!! They try to put too much techno on these vehicles and they go haywire .........

- Barry J., Sacramento, US