7.7

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Pontiac Grand Am:

Apr 262011

Grand Am GY 3400

Here's the problem. I have a 2001 Grand Am GT with a 3400 in it. The alternator went bad so of course I changed it. No problems doing so. It's a top mount alternator so it went pretty smoothly. But now my car turns over but won't start. I had checked the battery but volts and CCA test out fine. Terminals are also clean and free from corrosion. After sitting for awhile, it will fire up but die shortly there after. I'm talking maybe 2 seconds. I have no clue what's going on. Anyone out here able to offer some help or advise.

- , Conneaut, OH, USA

Apr 262011

Grand Am GY 3400

OK, here's my rant. The alternator went bad in my car so, like a good little boy, I changed it. Ya know, common sense reigns supreme in my family. But now the car turns over but won't start. Had the battery tested and it's good on volts and CCA. After sitting a few minutes, it will catch but dies shortly after firing. What's going on with piece-o-crap Pontiac.

- , Conneaut, OH, USA

Nov 222010

Grand Am SE 2.4L

well lets see, so far I have changed the dam coil packs, the fuel regulator,pack houseing, and Im getting spark, getting fuel, but no dam start!!!! No code to boot. I have missed one day of work and my wife has missed 2 and been late another time. this is getting old real fast. I'm about ready to push it off a cliff some where or have myth busters blow it up for some crazy myth, or like the fate of my last p.o.s. car donated to the fire company for a slash and burn training, (they love that).

- , East Greenville, PA, USA

Nov 222010

Grand Am SE

I just got this car finance and the car lot will put me in another car. I can not believe this, but they did tell me they did not want put me in another car after I signed the paper, I was told this was a good car the engine was strong, I drove it around all day until I got home in my drive way. it will not start, it sounds like it want to, but want. wow what is going on. I check on other cars to get, but all have problem from engine to fuel pump I need a horse to drive.

I believe they are making these cars to fail to get all of my damn money omg. There should be a law again the car makers.All these cars now is a piece of sh*t. I had cars from Volvo to Saturn's, It could be buying cars in big cities wear and tears. Please someone tell me what is going on here.

- , Buford, GA, USA

Sep 262010

Grand Am

I AM REALLY RATTLED. LIKE LEGIT ! PONTIAC IS THE BIGGEST PIECE OF SHEIT IVE EVER HADDDD I HOPE IT BURNS DOWN IN FLAMES GO FCUK URSELLFFFF

- , Newmarket, ONT, Canada

May 012009

Grand Am SE

REPLACED FUEL FILTER, ALTERNATOR, BATTERY. CAR WILL RUN FOR A WHILE AND WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT WILL NOT START. I WAS TOLD THAT IT IS PROBABLE THE PASSLOCK SYSTEM, BECAUSE THE SECURITY LIGHT COMES ON AND SOMETIMES STAYS ON. I LIVE FAR FROM MY JOB, AND OVER THE LAST 4 MONTHS HAVE LOST INCOME BECAUSE I CAN'T GET THERE. I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO BUY A NEW CAR. THIS PASSLOCK PROBLEM HAS BEEN A PROBLEM FOR GRAND AM OWNERS, THERE SHOULD BE A RECALL TO FIX THE PROBLEM. I AM SO DISTRESSED OVER THIS PROBLEM. I AM AT WORK RIGHT NOW AND DON'T HAVE A WAY HOME. I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF I CAN GET TO WORK NEXT WEEK. I MAY HAVE TO QUIT MY JOB. GM RECALL THESE CARS AND FIX THE PROBLEM.

- , Bristol, CT, USA

Oct 162008

Grand Am 2.0L V6

I just bought this car... the car is used and it had only one owner... i was driving from Salinas ca to Sacramento and after 30 miles on the road..... i hear this noise on my left front tire, i thought it was my bearings.... but no its not that, now after 4 months it made a paddling noise coming from the twin cam.... now it wont start.... and i had to buy a new car......

- , Sacramento, CA, USA