9.6

$7,340

Most common solutions:

1. replace engine (5 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ram 1500:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ram dealer.

Jul 302019

1500 5.7L

We had a 2005 Silverado that we used for landscaping and it drove fine when we sold it at 300,000 miles. We have a 2015 Ram towing the exact same thing and the engine needs to be replaced at 140,000. What the hell.

- Chris E., Grand Haven, Michigan, US

Jan 202016

1500 Laramie Eco-Diesel

I purchased a fully loaded Ram 1500 with an Eco-Diesel with a sticker of close to $57000.00, VIN # 1C6RR7NM2FS659101. It has blown up 3 times and although it was repaired under warranty at minimal cost, however the loss of use was significant, and I filed under lemon law. After 2 1/2 years I was awarded a $50,000 settlement. Chrysler appealed the decision and now it's going on 3 years. My first new vehicle purchase was a Dodge pock up at seventeen. I owned many over the years and still have a Durango and the 1500.

At 67 I most likely won't be buying many more vehicles my firs, however none of them will be Chrysler, Dodge or Rams. In the last 2 2 years I have purchased two Subaru Foresters for my sons who love them. If anyone out there has had Ram Eco-Diesel Issues, I would love to hear from you.

- Jon V., Berwyn, US

Sep 072016

1500 Limited Ecodiesel

Background: My RAM 1500 Limited Ecodiesel has been loved and pampered since we purchased the vehicle. Every service required was completed by the dealership in the first 19,595 miles. A vehicle check was performed by the dealership prior to leaving on our 4 week road trip to New Mexico. In May, 2016 I brought my truck into the dealership because I noticed the engine running louder than other Ecodiesels. I video taped the exchange between myself and the dealership mechanic where he told me that the change in engine sound was "normal and nothing to worry about". I also video taped the mechanic bringing a brand new RAM 1500 Ecodiesel beside my Ecodiesel and recorded the difference in sound. Again, the mechanic assured me that the difference was "normal".

Event: On September 7th at approximately 6:00pm my wife and I were traveling on HWY 380 in a remote part of New Mexico between Roswell and San Antonio.

The engine on my 2015 RAM Ecodiesel began making a groaning sound. No warning lights appeared on my dash and within minutes the sound became louder and the engine was having difficulty. Finally, there was a loud "bang" and the engine lost power. Again, no warning lights and no indication of what was happening. Once the car rolled to a stop a "low oil pressure" light finally appeared on the panel. The truck was inoperable and came to a rest impeding traffic on this long and lonely stretch of road. I pulled the oil dipstick and took three readings and the oil reservoir was full.It was terrifying for my wife because dusk was approaching, no cars were in sight and we were 1.5 hours from any town or gas station. Also, cell service was unavailable and a storm was overhead. We pushed the UConnect "assist" button and a completely incompetent UConnect Operator tried to help us. First, she was unable to locate our vehicle, despite us telling her our exact location: Westbound HWY 380 at milepost 44. She was confused and was unable to help us. We asked her to call 911 or to call for a tow truck but she continued to insist that she would need to know our exact location. WTF??? We gave her latitude and longitude coordinates and she STILL couldn't "find" us! At this point my wife was near hysteria. Finally, after nearly 30 minutes of being put on hold by UConnect emergency service was called and a tow truck arrived at midnight. We were towed to the nearest town: Ruidoso, New Mexico and the truck was dropped off at a RAM dealership.

The next morning I was at the dealership's front door. After they inspected the engine they discovered the number 5 cylinder had exploded and cracked the engine block in the process. The mechanic told us the engine would need to be replaced. The dealership called Chrysler Warranty and as of 09.16.16 we still have no answer from Chrysler on whether they will approve a new engine. We are stuck in New Mexico and unable to get approval from Chrysler for a rental vehicle to return home. We have been told by Chrysler that they will not pay to ship my vehicle home after repairs and that Chrysler does not have any contingency plans or policy in place for people who break down a quarter of a country away from their home state. We are in a Chrysler limbo nightmare! The mechanic has told me several times over the past week that Chrysler will not approve replacement of a new engine until several more "pictures and documentation" can be submitted. This, despite the dealership recommendation that we need a full engine replacement immediately and there is NO other option than a full engine replacement.

We want to go home!!! Our vacation has been decimated! We can't leave with our current rental car because Chrysler won't approve a longer contract that will get us home until more documentation is completed by the dealership. Frank, the case manager's supervisor told us that we should not attempt to take our current rental home because Enterprise "may consider the vehicle stolen and we may be stopped by police." Litzy, the case manager assigned to us, was completely incompetent and was taken off our case after several complaints by us to her supervisor, Frank, over the past week. She would never return our calls, never followed up on our requests and failed miserably to pass along updates throughout this entire ordeal. We have not spoken to our new case manager but we expect a call today and we are hopeful he or she has more than 2 brain cells.

Holy Sh*t! Get me outta New Mexico! ATTENTION Chrysler: REPLACE MY ENGINE, PAY FOR MY RENTAL CAR, AND SHIP MY $57,000 FLAGSHIP VEHICLE HOME TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!

- vantucky98660, Vancouver, WA, US

May 032016

1500 Lonestar Eco-Diesel

NO WARNING-LIGHTS OR GAUGES OIL NORMAL ALL MAINT. DONE BY DEALER CHRYSLER-FIAT. FINALLY AGREED TO REPLACE ENGINE. VEH IS PROMISED MON MAY 23--IT BLEW ON MAY 3. NOT HAPPY WITH SPEED OR COMMUNICATION ONLY12,700 MILES!!

- Tom S., PHOENIX, AZ, US

Aug 212015

1500 4.7L

We purchased this truck 12/2005 from CarMax, we learned it was in a MA flood 2005. front bumper was all rusted underside. it had been wrecked, was told it had no wrecks.

8/2010 the engine made a horrible banging noise and conked out. towed home from Danville VA to my NC home. Tie rod replaced 2/25/2008, wouldn't keep alignment . Windshield when facing the sun on the highway I was blinded to every thing, scared the death out of me. It was like a jig saw puzzle, but blurry, replaced it 1/27/2015 had alignment 4/13/15took well over an hour, was way off alignment, wore down two front tires with low mileage.

- Harold G R., Reidsville/Williamsburg, US