Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Ram 1500:

Nov 022017

1500

I was leaving to go to hardware store..I was backing my trucks out and noticed my shed was opened I stopped put it in park got out to close it and when I got out the truck rolled into my house..I couldnt get in in time to stop it....it was about 10 feet from the house

- Bowling Green, KY, USA

Sep 112017

1500

2017 Ram 1500 tailgate randomly drops. Apparently it is the locking mechanism that fails, when you lock or unlock the vehicle it will randomly cause the manual tailgate latch to open. The tail gate falls driving down the road or after you have parked, it can fall anytime causing bed contents to fall out or possibly striking someone walking behind the vehicle. The dealer claims this is a rare occurrence and of course doesn't stock the part. 2017 is not the only year vehicle this affects according to Ram forums.

- Madelia, MN, USA

Jul 302017

1500

Took delivery of new 2017 Dodge Ram 1500 and two days later towed my boat (18') to launch to go fishing. Stopped on ramp leading to water with engine running and put in park to unhook boat from trailer. When I let me foot off brake, the vehicle started slowly creeping backwards to the water. I was stunned and hit brake again and then applied emergency brake. I have done this at least a hundred times with other vehicles and never has one not held in place on the ramp and I have never used my emergency brake. Upon completion of unhooking boat, I then could not figure out how to release emergency brake as it is not marked well. Got out of vehicle and noticed a symbol on the plastic above the foot pedal. Lifted up and it released the emergency brake and again vehicle started backing up into the water. I had to immediately jump in the truck and hit the brakes just in time as it hit the water. I have reviewed this issue and it appears to be focused on 2013 - 2016 model years. However, this is a brand new 2017. I can attest that the knob was 100% in the park position when this happened and my father and son witnessed this event. I have an appointment tomorrow at dealership but service manager was not aware of any issues or potential fix. I am guessing we could duplicate the problem on the boat ramp in the future. This is incredibly dangerous and I cannot have a vehicle that cannot stay in place while parked!

- South Lyon, MI, USA

May 032017

1500

I do not feel as though the gear knob is safe. I thought I had turned the knob to park & opened my door to get out & the truck was in reverse. Gear shift sticks are much more accurate. I would suggest getting rid of the knob, or, having some sort of safety mechanism that would not allow the vehicle to move if the door opens, or something similar. Had I not realized that I was not in park soon enough, I could have ran myself over or hit something.

- Waterford, MI, USA

Apr 262017

1500

Dissapointed with the purchase of 17 Ram 1500, truck looks good and has great looks. It has a tapping/ticking noise when its at idle at a standstill, its called the dreaded hemi tick, I have a 5.7 motor with mds, there is many threads and complaints about this on the internet. My truck only has 500 miles and should not have any kind of tapping/ticking noises coming from the engine, mostly noticed from drivers side from the wheel well. The dealer says its normal and that they cant hear it when I bring it in, I should drive and wait for first service to have checked out.second issue is that the pressure flaps in the rear of the cab are always making noise when driving, you can hear them flapping when you brake or when you take off. I want my money back.

- Alexandria, VA, USA