Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Ram 1500:

Sep 232019

1500

Several times the vehicle brakes hard (as in locks up the brakes) when backing up and auto braking is enabled, but nothing is there. Same thing when driving forward, forward collision warning auto brakes when nothing at all is there, almost resulting in being rear ended at least twice before I turned it off.. at least I am able to turn it off. I kept the warning on, and it goes off all the time when I cross speed bumps or shadows from overpasses. This is extremely dangerous and continues after tsbs that are supposed to address. Another known issue that Ram isnt addressing publicly is brake squealing - there is an internal memo about it, but dealerships are not addressing it - it happens when you break lightly to slow down between 70-40 mph, but they can never seem to reproduce it at the dealer. I opened a case with Ram and they have done anything other than what the dealer did...I am most worried about the safety features causing an accident, please help! latest date the front collision warning activated when nothing was there was today. It happens all the time.

- Round Rock, TX, USA

Jul 152019

1500

Cold air blowing from winsheild defrost vents and side window defrost vents when ac is set to face vents only. This defect is causing condensation to form on windows which reduce visibility and creates an added distraction. I have had open cases with the dealership and Fiat chrystelr but no resolution has been reached. The only advice offered was to turn up the temperatures on the ac settings and that is not an option in South Florida. Fca claims that the vehicle is "running as expected" simpoly beasiue all like models of the Ram 1500's all exhibit the same faulty design and all allow air to blow from the defrost vents when that mode is not selected. I don't think that comparing one defective vehicle to another defective vehicle is very good to measure of determining if something is running as expected. I have created a forum of this subject and have a significant following of many individuals across the country experiencing the same issues and there have been no solutions offered by any of them either from fca or their respective dealerships. Unfortunately, it may only be a matter of time before this defect results in the severe injury or death of an individual or individuals and maybe then it will be worth fca's time to invest in a solution. This needs to be resolved and it needs to be done expeditiously.

- Port Saint Lucie, FL, USA

Jul 272019

1500

While my 2019 Ram 1500 is in motion, it has a pull / drift to the right. The pull / drift to the right occurs when lightly holding the steering wheel or momentarily letting go of the steering wheel. The pull / drift to the right occurs on all types of road surfaces. The grade of the road does impact the pull / drift as it is exaggerated with a steeper rightward grade, however it will drive straight if the road has a slight leftward grade. With a mild rightward grade, I have to put a little leftward pressure on the steering wheel to keep it from veering right. This occurs at speeds of 10 to 80mph on city streets and highways. If the driver gets distracted for a moment, the vehicle will unintentionally change lanes or pull the vehicle off the road. I have had it serviced and the alignment checked 4 times at corwin Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in fargo, nd and they tell me the alignment is within spec and there is nothing else they can do. Tire pressure is equal in all four tires. The service manager states a rightward pull is characteristic of new vehicles. I do not believe my vehicle, nor any anyone else's, should be pulling to the right and potentially causing a motor vehicle crash. The truck should drive straight with the exception of outside influences such as steep road grades, high cross winds, etc.

- West Fargo, ND, USA

May 202019

1500

When backing out of the driveway without any obstructions the brake assistance will engage. This has caused injury with heads hitting the ceiling and whiplash. Fca/Ram says this is functioning as designed but as designed this should have prevented an accident but did not. This is a concern as it can cause injury to many by engaging when there is no obstruction or anything to cause it to engage. The dealership has informed me that fca is aware of the issue but no resolution for this. I am tired of not being able to use a safety feature due to it causing injury and not avoiding an accident. My vehicle has been at the dealer several times for this and one time they made it worse. The last time they sent me home with a similar truck and that one did not do it each time like mine. So there is a variance in the code from one truck to another that is not consistent and causes more harm than it would prevent. I look forward to a resolution by fca as there are many complaint videos online about how this engages for grass or other things that are not an immediate danger. It also has done this when it was raining on a flat surface. This feature needs more testing and an update soon to be called a safety feature of the 2019 Ram brand. A link to the videos can be shared and was emailed to the NHTSA.webmaster@dot.gov address. They are to large to load on this site due to the time length to capture all details of the incidents. The videos are both of the newer Ram and mine. The difference is mine has the smaller screen in the video. It is an ongoing issue with a start date about 2 months after I purchased the vehicle and after the dealer "flashed" the programming due to a recall.

- Omaha, NE, USA

Jul 242019

1500

A/C does not get cold and have to close rear vents for it to push hard

- Niceville, FL, USA

Jul 252019

1500

2019 Ram 1500 censer issue, breaks will engage while in drive indicating parking censer front or back that object is to close with nothing there. This has happened multiple times when stopped at a stop light all traffic starts to move truck brake will engage not allowing truck to move forward. We have to disengage the censer to be able to move. Close to accident with other truck coming to intersection and light being green. I could not move because break would not disengage. We have to turn off both parking assistant censers to be able to move. After third incident we have left the parking censers off. Called dealership was told to clean censer that possible larger debris may be cause, also washed truck but issue continued. Taking for service next week with dealership.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Jul 202019

1500

Ac is not working and the gps/radio blinking on and off with a error message

- East Norriton, PA, USA

Jul 212019

1500

We totaled our truck 7/21/2019 and the passenger air bag failed to deploy I had to have a cat scan on my head and still have a knot we were in the turning lane on hwy 281 in palo pinto county, Texas slowed and not sure if we turned into a prius or she hit us no police report yet

- Jourdanton, TX, USA

Apr 122019

1500

While driving a brand new Dodge Ram 1500 (2019) the truck suddenly lost power and I was not able to control the steering of the truck, nor could I control the truck. This has happened on several occasions. This has happened on the city streets as well as the highway and it is very scary.

- Locust Grove, GA, USA

Apr 252019

1500

IżM not sure that this is a safety issue but when I accelerate something vibrates loudly, this started less than a week after purchasing this truck new. It sounds like something is vibrating on or within the dashboard. Iżve tried to find the problem myself with no success. I look at online forums and found a lot of others are having the same issues but canżT seem to figure out why it's doing this. Thanks for your time and I hope I can get this fixed!!

- Shepherdsville, KY, USA

May 172019

1500

When I try to put my new truck in gear (stationary) the transmission seems not to slide into drive and the truck just sits there. Iżve checked the brakes and al the digital stuff and nothing is holding the truck back, it's just not clicking into gear. Then, when I apply a little pressure to the accelerator, the engine revs up a bit and the truck lurches into gear. Sometimes, it's hard to know when the surge/lurch is coming, hin I have makes this a very dangerous situation. The engine is running and the trucks shows that it's in gear, so it's natural to hit the gas and go. The lag and lurch is hard to detect until the whole vehicle convulses. This could absolutely cause someone to lose control of the vehicle and hit something or someone. Iżve also read a series of comments online from other owners who are experiencing the same failure. So, Ram needs to do something systematic or this will hurt someone someday...

- Wellesley, MA, USA

Mar 062019

1500

Since the first week we bought the vehicle we have had a burning wire smell. Took the vehicle to 2 different dealerships and they could not duplicate the issue even having the vehicle for 4 days. Scheduled to take it back and it burned sitting my driveway parked and off. We also had an issue of the vehicle cutting off while driving down the road. We were taking it back due to the display screen had turned blue for the radio and the burning wire smell. We were scared it would catch fire.

- Westmoreland, TN, USA

Mar 292019

1500

2019 Ram laramie gear selector will show drive and not move until the RPM is @ 2000 and then slam into gear. This was after backing into a parking spot and then immediately going into drive to reposition the truck. This has happened twice. Once an hour after purchase and once the next day. I bought this vehicle 3 days ago, 3/29/19.

- Dickinson, TX, USA

Oct 112018

1500

Towing - truck as equipped is supposed to tow 11410 lbs. We have severe sway towing our 6900 lb travel trailer beginning at 45 mph. We have a distribution hitch and anti sway bars. Trailer has been inspected by two independent service providers. Tongue weight is 800 lbs. Truck severely squats with trailer on it. Techs at dealership have indicated that it does not have proper suspension or tires, but Dodge refuses to make any repair attempts.

- Casselberry, FL, USA

Mar 062019

1500

While driving, the blind spot mirror detection device failed to operate at all. Normally when a car is alongside you in your blind spot, a yellow arrow would be indicated in your mirror. The yellow arrow failed to appear even during several tests of the feature. The consumer relies heavily on this device and the vehicle failed to inform me that it was not working. Not working (no yellow light in mirror means it's safe to enter another lane). Not working, not working is a recipe for disaster.

- Oyster Bay, NY, USA

Jun 042018

1500

When driving at speeds above 60 mph, the hood flexes inwards at the center of hood close to the windshield. It covers an area of 10~12 inches if not more. This will lead to stress cracks at the hood and paint.

- Midlothian, VA, USA

Feb 072019

1500

The main head unit lost sound and I have done some research and there have been multiple people with the same issue I have restarted my truck multiple times with no luck the sound was working just the night before I was at a stand still originally then started driving on a city road. There have been multiple complaints on forums for the 2019 doing that and hopefully they can figure out a solution to fix it a lot of people have said to unplug fuses but I shouldn't have to I spend the money on a truck at astronomical rate and expect it to work.

- Alpine, CA, USA

Feb 072019

1500

Contacted dealership at (787) 805-3000 to verify recall I had heard where my veh could be affected. They gave me appointment but said have no parts available. But if it could be serious in nature (reference recall 4) why are we not even told, to be safe with ourselve, family and general public, that we should not drive unit. Issue with ground could affected sterring capabilities and may even cause an accident and/or crash. Why not be more proactive for the safety of all people affected and general public. For two different ocassions while driving in traffic, out of the blue, my hazard lights turn on and I cant disable them. I've told this to dealer and seems its not a mayor issue. Even have suggected to continue driving without concern, really! I believe it's irresponsable to have that posture as a customer service representative. I am very happy with the Ram truck, excellent unit. But this attitude towards solving issues like the one already described tells much about their concern of the general public. Don't know if this will make any difference, but I hope someone can take my concern more seriously and probably save lives. Thanks for your attention to this matter.

- Mayaguez, PR, USA

Jan 302019

1500

Currently live in wa state. At every fuel station-regular fuel that has an epa rubber boot as part of the filler nozzle will constantly lock, stick and remain in the capless fuel hole. Causing damage to my vehicle when attempting to "rip" it out or causing me to lose my balance because so much force is required to release it and then it just "pops" out. Stationary. At a gas station. I can't pick one date when this happens. It happens at every fill up so every 2 weeks.

- Puyallup, WA, USA

Nov 262018

1500

I bought this new car in December 2018. The three days after, I realize the car was making deep loud humming/rumbling noise "zzzzzz" sound while I was driving at 10mph-40mph. It gets worst last night, the humming sound came every 15 seconds, and last about 5 second or longer. The sound was like the tires going to fell off the car/a jet left or a motorcycle passes by. I went to the dealer 5 times since this problem appears. They said they did everything they could, they gave me 2 reports, and they said they couldn't duplicate this problem, so they refuse to exchange or return this problem car. I felt very very unsafe to drive this car. The dealer told me "it is safe to drive because nothing shows on the panel, no warning light." But I think because of nothing shows on the panel is the scariest part. It is a new car. I was driving on the nice and flat road. I didn't turn the radio or ac on. I turn off the inside air circulation. I closed all the windows without a gap. Everything was normal and it starts humming. I have drive truck/pk truck for 35 years, and it is the first time of my life herd a car making such a noise. A car is having a problem and shows any warning light, even a professional can't solve" what is the problem? is the tire going fell off when I'm driving? is the car going to constantly stop on the highway? is the break not going to do its work without a warning" I have so many questions, and who knows what the answer is. I'm so done with this car. I have a lot of videos recorded when the humming happens, but all of them are bigger than size 5mb. I wonder if there any other way to show the evidence. I can do email to the agent.

- Arcadia, CA, USA