Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ram 2500:

Nov 142017

2500

The contact owns a 2013 Ram 2500. While driving various highway speeds, the vehicle experienced a condition called the "death wobble" and shook violently upon hitting a bump in the road. Heritage Chrysler in baltimore, Maryland 21234 was made aware of the failure and replaced two of the upper ball joints, but the failure recurred. The dealer could not duplicate the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 46,000.

- White Hall, MD, USA

Mar 142018

2500

Had a death wobble in may of 2017. I was knocked off the road during a school camping trip at 60 miles an hour on a mountain pass. Luckily I managed to stop the vehicle before rolling over. Dealer fixed upper and lower ball joint and trac bar. The wobble is now back and I am deathly afraid to drive it. I live in the mountains of Colorado and I use the truck to pull a large boat. If it happens on a mountain pass...I am dead!

- Gunnison, CO, USA

Oct 012016

2500

"death wobble", this has been documented in many places on line as a problem with this truck. When traveling at highway speeds hitting any pothole will lift the truck off of the road and move out of the lane. Also when traveling on cement highways that have been cut for expansion joints the truck bounces up and down enough to shake the driver and passengers violently. Causing drivers loss of concentration and control. This really needs to be fixed through better engineering. I have also noticed that while at highway speed when taking a long curve the truck begins to jump and wobble as if it will come off of the road and loose traction with the highway surface. This has been a problem since the truck was purchased and happens everyday it is driven. So the date given below does not matter.

- Parker, CO, USA

Jan 012018

2500

"death wobble" at highway speeds, this truck will bounce to the point of shaking the driver. If hitting any size hole or cut in highway the truck feels like it comes off of the road and uncontrollably moves to another lane. On highway it shakes on large radius turns. Bad suspension design is well documented online!

- Parker, CO, USA

Aug 082017

2500

My vehicle has a ratcheting sound that comes from somewhere in the left front corner of the truck when a pothole or dip is driven over at highway speeds. I am unable to tell if this is caused by the braking system, suspension or steering mechanism. I can clearly feel the ratcheting vibrations in on the steering wheel making me believe it is part of steering or suspension. This has been going on in this truck for at least 4 years now and it seems to be getting worse over time. I have taken this truck into multiple dealers to resolve this issue, while both in warranty and out of warranty. The dealers are able to reproduce the noise but unable to find the cause and correct it. This has been an ongoing issue and I am concerned about the safety aspect. Most recently the dealer that I bought it from told me that I should just trade it in for a new one and that the people that test drive the the truck one wouldn't be able to find the issue and I would get the most money now. Seemed very shady to me. I have a complete and up to date service history on this truck and have had lots of issues with it but this one has to be the most annoying. That and the drivers side door mirror that seems to be badly engineered and being unable to see out of it while driving because of the rough ride.

- Beebe, AR, USA

Mar 152017

2500

I purchased this vehicle in Washington and it was never disclosed by the dealer that the vehicle was built in Canada. When I drive the truck at certain speeds the truck has a very serious vibration. I was told by a mechanic that is was displaying obvious signs of the "death wobble" when driven on the street or highway. It appears to involve the front end/suspension. I don't feel safe driving or letting my family ride in the truck. I have parked the truck and have not driven it since. I tried to contact Fiat Chrysler in the us. They advised that I had to speak to someone in Canada since the truck was built there. Canadian Fiat Chrysler advised that I would have to speak to us Fiat Chrysler or an import export broker because the vehicle was purchased in Washington. The dealer never disclosed that this truck was built in Canada and that I would not be able to purchase a service contract on the vehicle through mopar.. I have tried to contact the dealership, rairdon's of bellingham, however no one has responded to any of my calls. Please note the date the vibrations started is approximate.

- Pompano Beach, FL, USA

Jan 022017

2500

My truck has the death wobble.... a violent shaking of the front end at highway speeds...... very dangerous!! I went off of the road last week and ended up in a cotton field. Once the death wobble started I had no control of the brakes or steering wheel. Please help before me or someone dies!!!!! I have put all new ball joints, track bar, right and left upper tie rods, damper,3 alignments, my front right shock, and the right hub assembly all valued at $2751.60 so far and ive done most of the work....please help.

- Midland, TX, USA

Jan 022017

2500

The contact owns a 2013 Ram 2500. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 50 mph and going over a speed bump, the front end shook violently until the vehicle was stopped. The failure recurred whenever the vehicle hit a bump or went over a speed bump. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where an alignment was performed but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 77,000.

- Midland, TX, USA

Feb 022017

2500

While traveling on the interstate North of New York city, the truck began to shake violently after hitting a bump in the road. The road was dry, sunny conditions and moderate traffic traveling about 65mph. This was the second time it happened and the first after performing work about 2 thousand miles earlier. The work included, replace front brake pads, calipers and rotors after dealer discovered possible sticky not frozen left front caliper. Replacing left and right side upper and lower ball joints all found to be in tolerance but dealer convinced warranty company that they should be replaced. 4 wheel computer alignment. Front end appeared to be in near new condition as the original mileage was just over 30K. The truck had no signs or symptoms for out of balance wheels or tires, shocks, springs or steering stabilizer. There was never excessive play in the steering. The warranty covered approximately $1100 of the total that was over $2300. The condition reoccurred less than 2000 miles after the work was completed. This is indicative of a design flaw with the size of components used in the control arms. The control arms fail to stabilize the front end after hitting a bump on one side. The arms actually act as springs counteracting forces which cause the front axle to shake violently until vehicle speed drops to below 20 miles an hour as the energy dissipates. Chrysler, specifically the local dealers have suggested uneven tire pressures and everything else that was replaced earlier. This problem is inherent to this vehicle's design and the use of less than required size of components.

- Salem, MA, USA

Nov 122016

2500

Dodge Ram truck death wobble.

- North Royalton, OH, USA

Nov 072016

2500

Driving on the MA route 128 S highway around 65-70 mph, I hit a pothole on the left side of the travel lane. The truck started to shake violently as described with a death wobble. The violent shaking did not stop after applying the brakes to slow through about 35-40 mph. It felt as if all 4 tires blew simultaneously. No obvious damage was observed once stopped. This truck has less than 33900 miles at the time of the incident. The steering feels otherwise tight and responsive, the tires and wheels are stock and are wearing evenly. This is a very dangerous condition that affects the safety of operator, occupants and other drivers near an uncontrollable vehicle. The internet sources are widely aware of the condition with no clear solution to the problem. Many people identify equipment including shocks, ball joints, steering boxes, tie rods and ends and steering dampers and unbalanced tires. Some consumers indicate that even with entire front ends being replaced the problem continued. This indicates a design problem to me.

- Salem, MA, USA

Nov 152015

2500

I am having what they call the "death wobble" when I drive over 65 mph and hit a pot hole, the front end starts to shimmy up and down violently. I have to slow down quickly not to lose control of the vehicle. Also tends to vibrate badly on turns.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Jan 042016

2500

My new Ram 2500 hd truck has "death wobble". when at highway speeds when you hit a bump in the road just right the front end violently shakes out of control until you almost come to a complete stop. It shakes so hard I can't believe you don't have to rebuild the front end every time it happens. It has been to the dealer 5 times to be repaired and the problem still persists. I was told by the new service manager at the dealership I purchased the truck from that the problem could not be 100% fixed and that it will always come back. And that I'm lucky that it has only happened a couple times a year. This has been a very dangerous, aggravating, waste of time dealing with such a dangerous issue they seem to not take very seriously. It has been happening since about March 2014 and the last time it happened was Jan 9th 2016.

- Golden, CO, USA

Nov 112015

2500

At highway speed, about 60-65 mph I went into an uncontrollable wobble. It would only calm down after decreasing speed to less then 35 mph. The truck only has less then 35,000 miles. Took it to the dealer that claimed it had bad ball joints. Again the truck only has less then 35,000 miles on it. Dodge Ram junk.

- Bel Air, MD, USA

Oct 012015

2500

2013 Dodge 2500. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle tires and several recall issues. The consumer stated from the very beginning the right front tire was odd. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, where they determined the vehicle needed an alignment and it would cost $ $139.99.

- Klamath Falls, OR, USA

Sep 302015

2500

I took my Ram in for a state inspection. They stated that the upper and lower ball joints need to be replaced before next inspection. This truck only has 48000 miles on it.

- Altoona, PA, USA

Aug 252015

2500

Driving 60mph with a small load on 16ft gooseneck stock trailer. Load was 2000 lbs. Hit a rough spot in the road, steering wheel began to shake uncontrollably, pulling me into the other lane. Luckily, there was no traffic. Approximately 1 mile later, I hit another rough spot. This time, the steering wheel shook so violently, that it almost pulled my hands off the wheel. The frequency of the shake was reduced as I was able to slow down, but the violence of the shake seemed to increase until I had slowed to about 15 mph. Road was straight, weather was clear and about 90 degrees.

- Panola, OK, USA

Jun 222015

2500

2013 Ram 2500 megacab 4X4. Purchased this vehicle 1 month ago. Noticed when driving over 60 mph the front of the truck begins to shake. This causes the steering wheel and front passenger seat to vibrate uncontrollably so that you can visably see it and feel it. The truck is in perfect alignment when you let go of the wheel, so its not that. Seems to be related to the steering or suspension. This is very annoying and im worried it could lead to some type of steering malfunction, resulting in a wreck. Dealer shows no problem when inspected.

- Crandall, TX, USA

May 282015

2500

While traveling down a highway at 55 mph the vehicle became hard to control and had a very strong vibration in the front end. The steering was not controllable and the vehicle felt like it had a flat tire. No tire damage was noted upon inspection. The vehicle continues to have steering and ride issues even after a trip to the dealership

- Coatesville, PA, USA