Ram Recall T62: Incorrect Federal Tire Placard/FMVSS 110
2016 Ram ProMaster City
The incorrect tire placard can cause the operator to exceed the vehicle's weight capacity, or inflate the tires to an incorrect pressure, affecting vehicle handling, which can increase the risk of a crash.
Equipment — Other — Labels
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2015-2017 RAM ProMaster City vehicles. These vehicles have incorrect information on the tire placard including incorrect vehicle capacity weight, total number of occupants, tire pressure and/or "None" designation for the spare tire size when a full size spare tire is present. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 110, "Tire Selection and Rims."
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the incorrect tire placard with a corrected one, free of charge. The recall began November 17, 2017. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is T62.
- Documents (9)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-4
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - T62 Dealer I-Sheet
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - November 2017
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 09/28/2017 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – T6209282017
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - IMPORTANT UPDATE - Recall Label Reprints By Mopar on Tuesday, February 20, 2018
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - *IMPORTANT* Recall Label Reprints on T53 and T62 By Mopar on Monday, January 29, 2018