Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Saturn Aura:

Oct 312018

Aura

While driving, my brake lights come on without the pedal being pushed and then will eventually go off.

- Clementon, NJ, USA

Mar 012018

Aura

Since new, we have had passenger air bag issues, ie: Not sensing an adult passenger. Brakes have been operating poorly, with rear pads wearing out, and front not. Four new master cylinders, pads & rotors with no improvement. Now mid 2018, strong gasoline smell from under rear of vehicle. I have seen where other Saturn, have a fuel leak relating to the fuel pump fuel lines. I suspect the same for our car. Doesn't matter how full the tank is, and of course it is parked. Should be a recall on this defect. We live in Texas where it is hot. We now have about 130,000miles on the car.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Aug 142018

Aura

My external brake lights come on as soon as I crank my vehicle. They do not go off unless I press my brake pedal. I have almost been rear ended a couple of times. Also when I first get in my vehicle when I press my brake pedal it gets stuck and it makes it hard to put my car in gear. I need this checked almost immediately. This is my second time filing a claim. The first one was not looked at.

- Forest, MS, USA

Aug 022018

Aura

Takata recall- I have a 2007 Saturn Aura and I am having problems with my brake lights. They are constantly on. I have had the brake sensors replaced and same outcome. I even had the brake switch replaced. While I am driving my brake lights are on and when I use the brakes the brake light goes off. Have almost been rear ended quite a few times.

- Forest, MS, USA

Jun 082018

Aura

On three separate occasions going at slow speeds, I step on the braks and the car jumps and go at a high speed when I am in traffic. In happens when the traffic is slow and then begins to move. The last occasion resulted in my car being totaled. It always the front end.

- Windsor Mills, MD, USA

Jun 152018

Aura

Upon taken off my traction stabilizer control light comes on my car will then stutter upon accelerating my car will smooth out

- Electra, TX, USA

Oct 102016

Aura

2007 Saturn Aura. Consumer writes requesting reimbursement for vehicle repairs related to a safety recall. The consumer stated there was a recall for brake lamp malfunction, but the consumer was not notified. The failure recurred.

- Toledo, OH, USA

Jul 312017

Aura

I can not get service without making multiple trips to the dealer as required by GM to install a part that is known to them.

- Navarre, FL, USA

Apr 242017

Aura

Brake lights stay on. When the brake is applied the brake lights go off and then on. This condition would happen while stopped with brakes on or while driving with brakes off. GM service policy previously complied with to fix condition. Brake sensor was at fault. Sensor replaced.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Mar 182017

Aura

While driving 55 on a busy two lane highway the vehicle dinged and read service traction control on console, immediately the it flashed engine power reduced and engine disabled and my car lost all power and I was unable to get it all the way off the road due to the uphill incline - the car behind me shot out into oncoming traffic and almost caused a major multiple car pile up. The car restarted after sitting a few minutes with reduced engine power for the first twenty miles - I could top out at about 45 and hear an electrical engagement sound. I took it to the dealership but the traction control and engine lights were gone by the time I got there and it was back up to power. I was told it was likely a sensor on the brake pedal and they had to order the part. It has disabled on me about five times now without warning and does so at any speed. It started this before any other problems with the vehicle, specifically as I lost traction on some icy snow and spun the tires a few times when the car had 50,000 miles on it. Before the traction control was addressed I had to replace the engine as the timing chain and cam actuators failed at 210 K. we somehow forgot about the tc problem and three days into driving with a new engine the car disabled again stating service traction control.

- Oakridge, OR, USA

Feb 012017

Aura

Brake lights illuminate when brake pedal not being pushed. Brake lights turn off when pedal is pushed. Electronic stability control fails when brake applied. Difficulty shifting out of park unless brake pedal applied.

- Hollister, CA, USA

Nov 012016

Aura

Approximately 30 days ago, I started experiencing issues where the car will not shift from park gear to drive gear. This issue has occurred approximately 10 times during this window. Sometimes when this issue occurs the ESC light is on while other times the light is off. The only way to "trick" the car from shifting to park to drive is to turn the car off, press on the brake pedal or emergency brake to ensure car is still in park and gently push and hold the gear shift button then crank the car back on.

- Suwanee, GA, USA

Nov 172016

Aura

The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Aura. The contact stated that the exterior brake lights failed to illuminate and an abnormal noise was heard after the brake pedal was depressed. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. Prior to the failure, the vehicle was remedied per NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control). The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was approximately 85,000.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Sep 202007

Aura

The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Aura. When the vehicle was started, the ESC and brake indicators illuminated. The contact also stated that the air bag indicator flashed on and off. The dealer diagnosed that the harness needed to be weathered. The contact did not remember the second part that the dealer replaced. The failures recurred every year since 2007, at the onset of winter. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failures. The failure mileage was 150.

- Fredericksburg, VA, USA

May 142016

Aura

Takata recall the ECM light was on the brake lights stay on when car is on and when applying the brakes the brake lights go out. It his difficult to move the shifter from park to another gear. I have this car for 2 years and every time I check there is no recall on my car. The air bag light on passenger side comes and goes all the time.

- Spout Spring, VA, USA

Sep 012014

Aura

The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Aura. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Spring City, TN, USA

Oct 122015

Aura 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Aura. The contact stated that the brakes locked randomly without warning. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the brake booster and the master cylinder needed to be replaced. The contact was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 130,000. Updated 06/29/16

- St Louis, MO, USA

Feb 062015

Aura

I own a 2007 Saturn Aura xr I bought in 2008. It has 69,600 miles and the service engine light is illuminated. I was told I needed a timing chain replacement for $2400 because it had stretched. I have since found out that GM has a special coverage adjustment #11340C on the 2007 Saturn outlook and numerous other vehicles, for the same issue. My engine code is LY7, same as the outlook and other vehicles. Additionally I've already had 1 recall on this vehicle for a brake light issue, just got a notice of a transmission issue, and I'm on my third set of complete brakes in just 69,600 miles and I need all new brakes again. Rotors are warped after10 to 15,000 miles! also the "service traction" light keeps illuminating periodically for no apparent reason. I'm getting no answers or help from GM or it's dealers.

- Merrimack, NH, USA

Mar 192015

Aura

The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Aura. While driving approximately 25 mph, the brake pedal was depressed and the third brake light failed to illuminate. The vehicle was serviced under NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control); however, the failure recurred two days later. The vehicle was not repaired again. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The approximate failure mileage was 78,500.

- Auburn, NH, USA

Jan 282015

Aura

The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Aura. The contact stated that after the vehicle was serviced under NHTSA campaign number: 14V252000 (electrical system, electronic stability control, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic, vehicle speed control), the brake warning light illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 98,000.

- Brookesville, FL, USA