Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Scion iA:

Jul 292018

iA

The contact owns a 2016 Scion Ia. While driving approximately 5 mph, the vehicle was involved in a crash. Upon accelerating through an intersection, the contact's vehicle was struck (T-boned) by another vehicle on the front passenger door. None of the air bags deployed. A police report was not filed. The contact's older son sustained whiplash, which required medical attention. The vehicle was able to be driven away from the scene. The dealer and manufacturer were not notified. The failure mileage was approximately 110,000. The VIN was not available.

- Palm Desert, CA, USA

May 262017

iA

The contact owns a 2016 Scion Ia. While at a stop, another vehicle went through a stop light and crashed into the front passenger and driver's side of the contact's vehicle. The other vehicle left the scene of the crash. The front air bags deployed with force. The driver and front passenger sustained head injuries and pain to the neck, back, and legs. Medical treatment was required. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed and towed. The manufacturer was contacted to determine if they could investigate the impact of the air bags, which deployed with extreme force. The contact was waiting on a response from the insurance company and the manufacturer concerning the vehicle. The failure mileage was not available.

- East St Louis, IL, USA

Sep 272015

iA

I am a 113 lb adult. Whenever I sit on a 2-inch foam cushion in the passenger seat of our Scion Ia, the "passenger airbag off" warning illuminates on the dashboard. The seat is too low and hard for me to sit comfortably without the cushion, and I also have to use it when I drive the Scion Ia. But the airbags should not be off for persons weighing more than 85 lbs. This does not happen when a passenger weighing over 125 lbs sits on the cushion. But it means that for passengers weighing between 85 lbs and 125 lbs, there will be no airbag protection. I used the same cushion in our 2015 Mazda 3, with no problem; so clearly there is a problem with the location or function of the sensors in the Scion Ia. When I took it to the dealer, the service department recommended either not using any seat cushion or putting a weight under the cushion, but did not record my complaint. This is an ongoing problem, so the date I entered below is the first day I rode as a passenger in the car. By the way, I don't know why the 2016 Scion Ia is not a recognized model in your system.

- Seattle, WA, USA