7.7

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Subaru Forester:

Sep 072019

Forester

I have experienced two instances of phantom braking, similar to reports I've read about Nissan rogues. Once in July, and once last week. In both cases I was driving at low highway speed on a sunny afternoon. The car's "object dectected" warning flashed and beeped, and the car braked automatically, for no reason. I suspect bright sunlight and/or a shadow on the highway was to blame

- Washington, DC, USA

Nov 182018

Forester

Takata recall, we recently purchased a 2019 Subaru Forester from a Subaru dealer in berlin Vermont. It developed an extremely loud squeal with under 2000 miles. This was a result of defective brake material on the right rear inner brake pad breaking loose from the brake pad and lodging between the rotor and dust shield. I took photos of said defect (kept the defective component) and brought the vehicle back to the dealer, I gave them the defective material which was crusted on the side of the pad lining. They brought the car in and told me it was road dirt. Fortunately I took photos of the defective component as well as the brake pad. They gave me the car back without changing the defective components. The defective brake pad had a build up of this crusted obviously defective material from brake manufacture on the sides of it. This material appeared to have a lava crusty type texture and is obviously not brake pad material. The manufactured brake pads are currently on the vehicle. I can not upload photos on this computer, do have photos however. This would obviously have some effect on brake life and and performance as a foreign substance is being introduced into the service brake components. I have the actual miles when the dealer brought it into the shop as well. Thanks for your attention in this matter.

- Hyde Park, VT, USA