Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Subaru Legacy:

Dec 012017

I checked under the car and the rear suspension is so rusted it is unsafe to drive. I looked on the internet and it is a common issue. With the amount of unsafe cars driving around with this issue I would say the ball was really dropped on the original recall

- Kendall, NY, USA

May 272017

I own a 2002 Subaru Legacy in western New York, I recently was told there was an issue that was recalled back in 2004 but my car was never notified or addressed of the issue with corrosion. The recall ( NHTSA campaign number: 03V153000 ) I was driving on the high way when I hit a small bump and the back end of the Subaru dropped and the tire started to shred causing me to loose control of the car, thank good the car came to a rest in the median and no crash or fatalities occurred.

- Jamestown, NY, USA

Aug 062014

The rear suspension is rusty that it has rust holes through it and this is also the that holds the drive in place I have look at other Subaru and they are the same way if that breaks it could cause vary bad crash.

- Lockwood, NY, USA