Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Subaru Legacy:

Nov 242018

Legacy

I had an accident with my 2017 Subaru Legacy and initially saw a deer to my left and tried to steer slightly right. Next thing I know the cops are there and took me to hospital. They said the car went over an embankment. It had massive damage and after two months in shop, still pulls to the right. I never received a recall on this car but it was sending me messages through starlink saying there was a power steering problem. I will try to attach that screen shot. Also the dealer that sold us the car has been no help at all. The car was driving and in motion. No air bags deployed either.

- Hazleton, PA, USA

May 252017

Legacy

Had a frontal impact hitting a deer in center of front grill at 45-50 mph. During impact steering wheel airbag deployed and all side impact airbags deployed. Passenger side did not deploy. Cannot get answer as to why...side impact airbags deployed?? Subaru dealer said they will only deploy when you have a roll over or side impact. Mechanic stated that none of the sensors were effected and none of the airbags should have deployed.

- Kosse, TX, USA