7.4

Most common solutions:

1. need to design a better visor that won't break (9 reports)
  3. replace visor (8 reports)
  4. recall (3 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Camry:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Toyota dealer.

Nov 202010

Camry

Just want to say how disappointed with toyota I am. This should never have happen and so soon. My car is in very good condition. Everyone always tells me my car still smells and looks new. This is actually an expensive repair for such a small detail. This definitely needs to be a recall item. I'm paying too much money for this car to have these type of issues. I could've gotten a cheaper car if I wanted to deal with problems such as this, I would'nt feel so dooped when something did mess up. I was gonna upgrade to a new toyota but now a feel like that would be a waist of money. I like quality but that's just not what toyota seems to care about producing anymore. Also the leather on the front driver and passenger doors is lifting. I'm trading ASAP, and not for another toyota.

- , Ambrose, GA, USA

Sep 262010

Camry EX 4.0L

Can't get a cheap replacement for this, so it's $120. From what I researched on the net, it's not uncommon. First Toyota, pretty disappointed that parts keep falling off. This is the only one that I consider a safety issue, though.

- , Denver, CO, US

Feb 022010

Camry v4

I bought a Toyota because I thought they had a good quality product. I am very disappointed that this visor broke and and read that other owners are having the same problem. I feel that the Dealer should pay to have this replaced.

- , White Marsh, MD, USA

Jun 202010

Camry LE 4 cyl

My 2007 Camry that I just bought, has a problem with the driver's side sun visor. When i first bought it, it would not stay up and it popped when i would put it down. Now it broke completely of the attachment. It will cost $99.00 dollars for the visor and $22.00 for the labor. This is ridiculous for just a visor.

- , Pensacola, FL, USA

Sep 182010

Camry XLE 3.5L V6

PAID A LOT OF MONEY FOR THE CAR WHICH IS SUPPOSE TO BE THE TOP OF THE LINE CAMRY. TOYOTA USES CHEEP SUNVISOR AND THEY NEED TO BE REPLACED WITHIN 3 YRS. I DROVE A HYUNDAI LONGER THAN I HAVE HAD THIS CAR AND THIS ONE COSTS MORE. SOMETHING IS DEFINATELY WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE. TOYOTA NEEDS TO BE STRAIGHT SUED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF PEOPLE GET SICK & TIRED OF BEING TAKEN ADVANTE OF, PLEASE CALL ME SO THAT I CAN GET IN ON THAT ONE!!!!!

- , Perris, CA, USA

Aug 012010

Camry XLE 4 cyl

I'm really irritated and disappointed. It's a small thing overall, but I have to hold it out of my way to drive (considering that I like to see and all), and it's a real pain. I just spoke with the head of the service department at the dealership, and of course it's not covered under my warranty now, and I haven't found a bulletin or recall notice, though I have found that this seems to be a consistent problem. Grrrr!

- , Cleveland, MS, USA

Jun 212010

Camry LE 2.4L

Great car, but appears that Toyota has learned some of the corner cutting on trim parts that cost GM so heavily. Visor slowly began dropping further and further until it was unable to support itself. Great car and I would buy again, but definitely has a problem with the driver side visor

- , Simpsonville, SC, USA

May 252010

Camry LE 4 cyl

So my sun visor (driver side) broke off. I'm looking into replacing the part. Incidentally, my sister leased a 2009 Camry, and her visor fell off, too. Cheap parts? Probably. But Toyota = cheap parts? I never would have thought.

- , Nashville, TN, USA

Jan 042010

Camry SE V6

The driver side sun visor clip where the visor can be attached or detached was loose since the day I bought it. It has always driven me nuts but it would have been an even greater inconvenience to drop the car off for the dealer to fix it. (The dealer probably would have said it was because I flipped it the wrong way anyways.) About a month ago the clip completely came out of the roof. On my way to work the sun shines through the driver side window so I usually swing the visor around to block it. That morning the clip stayed attached to the visor and flew out the window. It seems like the car gods really don't like these camrys and I agree with them! I'm so happy to find this web site because this is the first of a long list of problems I have had with this piece of junk!

- , East Taunton, MA, US