9.1

Most common solutions:

1. replace dash (5 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Toyota Camry:

Aug 202016

Camry LE 3.2L

I am here in Tampa FL on a project. I was paying $751 for a rental car and decided to buy a used car instead to reduce my monthly expenses. I bought Toyota Camry LE 2008 for going to office and comeback everyday. I noticed the Dashboard was very shiny and in sunlight reflecting from dashboard and was bothering my eyes. I bought sunglasses to protect my eyes. Dashboard is very sticky like a sticky glue. Used Car Dealer told me that there is a recall on this dashboard and I don't need to worry about anything. I t will be replaced free, but I took the vehicle to Toyota dealer after I bought the Vehicle for oil change and no one mentioned anything about recall. I have been buying Toyota vehicle since 2000. I bought two brand new vehicle and two used one in sixteen years, never seen anything like this in Toyota vehicles. I don't know if there is any recall on 2008.

I will appreciate, if someone can let me know about the recall on this dashboard.

- , Tampa, FL, US

Sep 072015

Camry

click to see larger images

Very Sticky, Shiny Dashboard Very Sticky, Shiny Dashboard Very Sticky, Shiny Dashboard Very Sticky, Shiny Dashboard

I am originally from the Midwest and moved to Florida a test and a half ago and since I've moved south my dash has become very tacky and scratches easily. I can't even clean it without causing more damage. Not only is it unhealthy but gross and devalues the car. I recently learned about the defect but can't reach anyone to see if I qualify for a replacement.

- , Atlantic Beach, FL, USA

Camry ES 3.2L

A few months ago I started noticing the extreme reflection coming off my dashboard and noticed how shiny it was. Thinking that my wonderful husband dressed my interior (Armour all) never thought to touch it. Well it got worse and at one point I decided to touch it---YIKES, it's a sticky mess. I tried wiping thinking something he used is damaging my dashboard, the stickiness wouldn't budge. So I decided to check recalls, because this can't be melting from the sun could it? Well to my amazement it was in fact a recall/warranty enhancement, so I called Toyota and was told that I would have to schedule a service inspection and they will determine if it were caused by heat or humidity. Well shoot what else would be causing it? I noticed where my inspection sticker is placed on my windshield that part isn't sticky, I guess since its sorta a barrier between the glass and dash it didn't cause melting. But I definitely can tell when my car is sitting in a parking lot at work, when I get to my car the dash is HOTTTTTT and a sticky mess. So I have an appointment this Saturday as that is the only day I can take off. Will update after they inspect and take pictures. Hopefully its not going to cost me anything.

- , Mechanicsville, VA, US

Aug 012016

Camry G 2.0L

The dash board is very sticky and easily scratched

- , Bayan Lepas, Malaysia

Camry

dashboard very sticky as if its melting. cant even clean it

- , Houston, TX, USA

Jan 012008

Camry LE V6

I would like the dash replaced. It is ridiculous that so many have this same problem.

- , Fort Myers, FL, USA

Camry XLE V6

My 2008 Toyota Camry XLE has a very shiny, sticky dashboard that has been getting worse over a period of a few years. Now, I can hardly see to drive because of the glare on the windshield when the sun is shining bright. It is also obstructive under certain lighting when driving at night. I have contacted Toyota and they are replacing 'qualified' parts through a warranty enhancement program (NOT a recall). I was told that it could take up to a year to receive a new dashboard because parts are on nationwide back order. Not sure what I am supposed to do in the interim, as this is a huge safety issue.

- , Alvin, TX, USA