Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Toyota Camry:

Jun 262019

Camry

The contact owns a 2012 Toyota Camry. While driving approximately 60 mph, the contact lost control of the vehicle and crashed into a wall. The front and rear driver's side of the vehicle were damaged. The air bags did not deploy. The police was present, but a report was not filed. There were no injuries. The vehicle was towed to a private impound lot. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 96,000.

- Lynnwood, WA, USA

Apr 172019

Camry 6-cyl

The contact owned a 2012 Toyota Camry. While pulling into a parking space, the contact lost control of the vehicle. The vehicle accelerated on its own, crashed through a gate, and landed on top of a pool covered by a tarp. The air bags did not deploy. There were no injuries. A police report was filed. The vehicle was deemed totaled by the contact's insurance company and towed. The dealer and manufacturer were not contacted. The cause of the failure was not determined. The failure mileage was 36,000. Manufacturer was contacted.

- Northbrook, IL, USA

Nov 052018

Camry

I was in a head on collison totaling it out air bags did not deploy

- Redding, CA, USA

Jan 062019

Camry

On January 6, 2019, I was involved in a serious multi-vehicle collision on the highway in which my Toyota Camry was violently rear-ended by another vehicle traveling at 70mph. The collision was of such force that my Camry was rammed forward causing me to collide into another vehicle directly in front of me and a domino effect of three additional vehicles in front of him. Physically, I sustained a cervical spine injury, rib contusion, left knee joint damage as well as cuts and bruises. What I found most disturbing of all is that not a single one of the many air bags in my Toyota Camry deployed. The vehicle behind me and the vehicle directly in front of me all had functioning air bags that deployed during the collision. The chain reaction crash put me in a dangerous position (sandwiched by two vehicles) and my vehicle sustained the most harmful impact of all the vehicles involved. Since the date of the accident, I have had restless nights as I keep thinking how my life was in jeopardy and why my airbags did not deploy as a safety feature during this collision.

- West Covina, CA, USA

Sep 122018

Camry

Air bag off indicator when passenger is present, called Toyota, they informed me there was a limited service campaign that had expired, and did not off to correct the problem as there was no recall. I believe this is a safety issue with hundreds of thousands of Camry's after doing some research, why not classified as a recall

- Elmwood Park, NJ, USA

Sep 132018

Defect part safety recall

- Cypress, CA, USA

Jan 012014

Camry

Takata recall. The airbags on my car had previously deployed before I purchased the vehicle. There doesn┐T seem to be a way to check if replacement airbags are affected by this issue. Date of airbag deployment is unknown.

- Irvine, CA, USA

Apr 112018

Camry

On 4/11/18, at freeway speed, I was hit hard on the front right from a vehicle which appeared to have crossed crossed several lanes and caused my car to spin around, then was hit directly on the driver's door by another car. I ended up in the car pool lane facing the wrong way. My entire front end was hanging off the car, my door was smashed in and the left rear fender was hanging on by a thread. No air bags inflated!!! none.

- Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Dec 072017

Camry

Not sure if they are takata airbags. My wife was rear-ended (not her fault) that crunched her car between 2 vehicles. The individual at fault, altogether, created a 4 car accident. The issue is that none of the car's airbags deployed. See pictures and judge for yourselves. The vehicle was stationary on a city street. My wife is still suffering with shoulder pains. Our insurance company totaled the car.

- Vacaville, CA, USA

Dec 292017

Camry

December 29th at 3:00 a.M my wife and I was going to the atm in granger tx. As I approached a sharp curve I went to apply the brake to slow down and the car speeded up hit the culvert and went airborne. We came down on a boulder and somehow we managed to drive back to my brother in laws. The airbags did not go off. I have severe whiplash, I cracked my L1 and injured my side and back. My wife's head hit the side window so hard she had a concussion knots and bruises on her head. She has bruises on her right shoulder, hit her knee and leg. If we had not been wearing seat belts we would have died. If our airbags had worked we would not have been hurt as bad as we are. My wife's glasses are bent and my watch is broke. I am sending pictures to prove the airbags did not work. Not sur what the odometer reading is because I am afraid to turn the car on since there is no longer no oil or antifreeze.

- St. Francisville, LA, USA

Aug 292017

Camry

My vehicle was hit by another vehicle after entering an intersection of a major highway. My vehicle was moving 5-10 mph and sustained major front end damage in collision. After being hit by the other vehicle that was traveling a minimum of 40 mph. My car spun 180 degrees from force of the collision. None of the airbags deployed during or after the collision.

- Yorktown, IN, USA

Aug 072017

Camry

'takata recall' front passenger air bag when deployed could/will release harmful metal fragments rupturing the airbag cushion material, striking vehicle occupant(s) and result in serious injury or death. Repair is needed. Will contact Toyota manufacturer. Has not deployed yet.

- Stone Mountain, GA, USA

Feb 272017

Camry

I got in a car accident twice one back on October 2014 and recent one was on February 27, 2017. Both was not my fault. I was driving on a green light out of nowhere suddenly car turned left. I lost control. I ended up hitting other car and then the property on the corner. My car is totaled, the front is completely crashed and my airbag didn't deploy during the accident.

- Whittier, CA, USA

Jan 212017

Camry 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Toyota Camry. While attempting to park in reverse with the brake pedal depressed, the vehicle accelerated on its own and the steering wheel locked. The vehicle crashed into a wall, fence, and bushes. The vehicle landed with the rear end on the ground and the front end in the air. The air bags had not deployed. A police report was filed and there were no injuries. The vehicle was towed to a repair shop for diagnostic testing. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 59,000....updated 05/17/17 updated 08/30/2017

- Cherry Hill, NJ, USA

May 242014

Camry

Takata recall: My Toyota Camry is not formally part of the recall but the airbag exploded during an accident causing sharp pieces to hit my face, arm, chest, and I had a mouth full of glass causing damage to my teeth. My vehicle was stopped for a traffic light on a city street when a motorcycle hit the driver's side.

- Gainesville, GA, USA

Dec 192016

Camry

SRS airlight is on. Dealership says spiral cable needs to be replaced. The car is only 4 years old. Should not have this issue.

- Newark, CA, USA

Dec 122013

Camry

"takata recall" nothing happened so far. Just to know if my car air bags need to be repaired

- League City, TX, USA

Jan 022016

Camry

My 2012 Camry hybird with leather seats. My problem seems to be related to the weight of the previous occupant, ie, if over 200 lbs and it will probably work correctly. But if the exited occupant was less than 200 lbs, the air bag will alarm and message for the (former occupant) passenger to use the seat belt. I'm trying to get Toyota to correct the problem but they warn me that I may have to pay to correct something that never occured before their recall.

- Amityville, NY, USA

Sep 162015

Camry

The contact owned a 2012 Toyota Camry. While driving 32 mph, the brakes were applied and the vehicle accelerated rapidly without warning. The contact stated that she could not stop the vehicle and crashed into a trailer. The vehicle was destroyed. The air bags did not deploy. The contact sustained a fractured sternum and her husband had contusions in his rib cage. Medical attention was required. A police report was filed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 37,000. Updated 1/15/16

- Glide, OR, USA

Feb 052014

Camry

Toyota is recalling certain model year 2012-2013 Camry vehicles. In the affected vehicles, the drain hose for the air conditioning condenser may become clogged causing water to accumulate at the bottom of the air conditioning condenser unit housing. The accumulated water may then leak through a seam in the housing onto the air bag control module potentially resulting in a short circuit of the module. A short circuit may cause the airbags to become disabled or inadvertently deploy.

- Rock Hill, SC, USA