Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Toyota Tundra:

Dec 012016

Tundra

Takata recall although currently Toyota claims my truck is not included in the recall I have the same air bag warning light that those who are part of the recall have. I searched my make model and year on line and founds hundreds of others who are having airbag issues but we're excluded from the recall.

Jan 202017

Tundra

Takata recall Toyota does not recognize that our 2002 Toyota Tundra has a factory faulty airbag/ seatbelt system, and say that there is no recall for our vehicle, and that we have to pay to fix it. The seat belt is always loose, there is a permanent lit light related to the airbag.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jul 012016

Tundra

Takata recall my Tundra is a 2002 so not currently included in the recall. The airbag warning light came on over a year ago and the mechanic says it is non-functioning, I hear this is a common 2002 problem. They should also be included in the recall.

May 302016

Tundra

Air bag warning light illuminated, indicating air bag malfunction.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Jul 172016

Tundra 4WD 8-cyl

Takata recall although a test of my VIN number in the NHTSA database came up negative on the takata recall, there have been credible reports, by the New York times, usa today, and automobile enthusiast websites, that 2002 Tundra do have defective takata airbags. Some reports are specific in saying the bags are in Tundra sold in the gulf states, which is the distributor for my dealer in jackson, miss. Can you investigate this discrepancy? it is troubling that credible sources seems to be in conflict, especially in light of the very specific facts relating to Tundra sold in the gulf states region. Thank you. Here are some of the websites reporting the 2002 Tundra is subject to recall: www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014/10/20/Toyota-airbag-recall-takata/17610199/ www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/22/business/22takata-table-2-cols.html www.tundraheadquarters.com/blog/Toyota-takata-air-bag-recall/.

- Jackson, MS, USA

Mar 022014

Tundra

The airbag light is flashing and I am concerned that there is a problem related to the airbag recall that does not include the 2002 model year Toyota Tundra.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Nov 022015

Tundra

Our 2002 Tundra airbags have stopped working and a warning light has appeared, per mechanic they will not inflate if there is an accident. When I enter the VIN it states that my truck is not included in the recall.

May 202015

Tundra

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2002 Toyota Tundra. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V285000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Ashland, OR, USA

Jul 162012

Tundra

While driving on the interstate I made a sudden lane change to avoid an officer I believe was returning to the highway and a car suddenly came to a stop in front of me. I attempted to go around the car but it moved in my path again and we hit at full speed. I hit my nose on the steering wheel and totaled the other car. I am bothered by the fact that my airbag did not deploy. These are original airbags. I drive in fear of another accident that could save my life and the airbag does deploy.

- Mt. Pleasant, SC, USA

Feb 042010

Tundra

The contact owned a 2002 Toyota Tundra. The driver lost consciousness while driving approximately 35 mph, and crashed into a telephone pole. The vehicle was destroyed. The contact stated that the air bags did not deploy. The vehicle was serviced a week before the crash occurred and the contact was advised that the vehicle was functioning properly. A police report was filed. The driver was injured. The VIN was not available. The failure and current miles were not available.

- Lunenburg, MA, USA

Jul 272009

Tundra 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2002 Toyota Tundra. The contact stated that on two occasions after having the vehicle detailed the passenger side air bag light came on when the vehicle was started. The dealer could not find a hard computer code to turn off the light. The dealer later diagnosed the failure and stated that the air bag switch was faulty and needed to be replaced. The contact stated that the manufacturer should assume the cost for the repairs. The current mileage was 185,000 and the failure mileage was 182,000. Updated 09/01/09 updated 09/04/09.

- Lake City, FL, USA

Sep 202002

Tundra 4WD

Vehicle has driver & passenger air bags - in front end collision at 45 mph neither air bag deployed, driver side seat belt did not lock so driver hit steering column with full impact - there was no passenger in the vehicle at the time of the accident. Nlm

- Garden Grove, CA, USA