2.1

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Toyota Tundra:

Jun 072018

Tundra

Secondary air injection pump and secondary air injection switching value causing check engine and trac control lights to come on. I was told by the dealer that the same piece and design was recalled on the 2011 but not the 2012 Tundra. It comes on and off but when it is on it feels like that there is a limp mode making it difficult to get up to speed on the highway. The steering feels different which I think is the traction control.

- Houston, TX, USA

Sep 182018

Tundra

Secondary air pump and control valves failing and this is a on going issue with these trucks almost $3000 to fix

- Minocqua, WI, USA

Jan 292019

Tundra

I had a sudden jump in my rpms and accelerator malfunction I had to carefully guide the truck to the side of the road. After it died I could not start it. The engine light flashing, the 4lo flashing and traction's all flashing. I still had electrical but no power. I was being followed by another vehicle who almost hit me and my daughter. These trucks are supposed to be know for their life span and safety. This is not what I call safe by any means.

- Spring Creek, NV, USA

Sep 092018

Tundra

Please refer to tsb 0160-11. Toyota recognized that inferior quality parts were used as part of their emissions system and wrote this tsb as a remedy. The problem I have is that they continued to use the faulty parts beyond the 2011 model year cut-off in this tsb. My truck is throwing the same engine and emissions codes associated with this tsb. It also forces the engine into a "low power mode" greatly reducing the ability to accelerate. Lastly, it turns off traction control which affects the stability of the truck. I have filed a ticket with Toyota and from what I have read on the internet, I don't expect much help. The parts to repair this run over $1,000 alone. There are many owners having the same issue with the Tundra, sequoia and some other models (on the 4.6L, 4.7L and 5.7L engines). The engine codes usually appear on startup (when the emissions device are supposed to kick in), but the low power mode kicks in while moving.

- Carencro, LA, USA

Feb 012016

Tundra

The horn stopped working.

- Downsville, LA, USA

Jul 282015

Tundra

Mirror control on instrument pa nel has no lights. Had to turn on cab lights to see the mirror controls.

- Washington, DC, USA

Oct 042012

Tundra 8-cyl

I was driving my 212 Tundra crewmax and when I reached a traffic light--red, I pressed the brakes and the truck started to pull up and the RPM's went high. Even when I pressed the brakes real hard it was still moving forward. I prompted to put the transmission in park and turned the engine off. Restarted it and shifted into drive, the truck pulled up real fast because the RPM's were high, but in about two or three seconds went to normal. Scared and very careful I drove it home, didn't do it anymore but I contacted my dealer's customers relations manager and he got tow it away from my home for its checkup. According to them, came up with nothing wrong with it and it is safe to drive. They said that they've hooked up a computer to it and the truck's computer did not register anything wrong or malfunction whatsoever. But it did happened. It wasn't my imagination and my concern is that it may happens again and I might not be able to control it or turn it off as I did this time. I might not be that lucky again and hurt myself or someone else. Might not be at a traffic light in red. And might even cause someone's death, or mine.

- Houston, TX, USA