Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Volkswagen Atlas:

Sep 022019

Atlas

In the last 6 months I have purchased two 2018 Volkswagen Atlas SE SUV's both vehicle had a faulty seat belt buckles in the rear seat section. Under pressure of car seat installation and/or normal use these buckles have been deemed faulty by a Volkswagen dealership and I was advised to not use the buckle until a replacement was ordered. The easiest way to visually see the defect is to look at the buckle and if the red depress button raises above the exterior plastic it is considered faulty and should be reported to the dealership. I have attached one normal photo and a faulty photo.

- Harker Heights, TX, USA

Feb 102018

Atlas

The contact owns a 2018 Volkswagen Atlas. While driving less than 5 mph, the vehicle slid onto a curb, causing damage to the rear passenger side wheel. The contact stated that both the driver and passenger side curtain air bags and the front passenger side air bag erroneously deployed. Also, the front driver and passenger side seat belts were damaged. The cause of the failure was not determined. The vehicle was towed to a body shop. A police report was filed and there were no injuries. Hawk Volkswagen (2861 West jefferson St, joliet, il) and the manufacturer were notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 2,000.

- Palos Heights, IL, USA

Mar 012018

Atlas

There have been seven recalls on the 2018 Atlas launch edition. Cook VW in fallston has refused to repair at least 5 recalls. It's been months and they haven't repaired anything. We took faith in these people and they could care less for my family's safety. Today we got a recall letter about the ignition. That makes 6 recalls they will not fix. Multiple occasions. Don't have dates but they should be in the database at this dealership. They all happened in 2018.

- Havre De Grace, MD, USA

Mar 022018

Takata recall

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Oct 222018

Atlas

While my family and I were driving in our week old 2018 Atlas we stopped at a red light and my wife who was securely seated in the passenger seat with the seatbelt on all of a sudden hit the dashboard. We pulled over amediately and upon further investigation we found out that the seat belt became unstitched from itself by the floor anchor.

- Miller Place, NY, USA

Jul 092018

Atlas

Volkswagen dealer service department has informed me that they cannot release my vehicle without fixing the 69X1 seat-belt recall issue. They state that Volkswagen has no eta on the fix, effectively leaving me without my vehicle for some unknown amount of time.

- Raleigh, NC, USA