$6,100

Most common solutions:

1. replace timing chain, tensioners (3 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Volkswagen CC:

Jun 152018

CC Sport 2L

Car was driving as usual without any warnings, all of a sudden it stopped and started making rattle sound. When I start ignition, it didn't start, at first I thought it might be because of battery, but it was not starting even when I got help with jump start. I had it towed to dealership and they me a quote of about $6.7K saying timing belt is out because of low oil in the engine. One thing, I did not understand was, it did not give me any hint that the engine oil was low, I had a service due in another 500 miles.

- Sathish K., Sanford, FL, US

Oct 152017

CC Rline 2.0t

Stay CLEAR of ANY VW NEW or USED and NEVER GO TO VENTURA VW IN VENTURA CALI FOR VW REPAIRS!! THEY will RIP you off and should be charged with repair FRAUD! THE car is a total piece of crap

at 61,000 mi there timing chain broke.. The biggest issue is that VW Ventura told me it was not covered under warranty.. it was only 1,000 mi outside warranty. VW told me the repair was going to cost me 10,000!! yes you read that right... to fix car and that it was all taken apart in order for me to take it to another repair shop I had to pay 400.00 to get it out! once i paid it and towed to another shop it did cost me 5,800 plus some to fix! I should have sold it then but i was in upside down now.. That was 1 1/2 years ago.. Guess what ?? Same story as before my husband towed car into VW VENTURA not realizing my past nightmare with the dealer and service they tried to stick it to me again!! same replay charged and repaired outside of dealer. This time ENGINE PROBLEMS 4,000again to get repaired and out of shop! I am dumping the piece of sh*t! also don't try calling VW America they will send you six pages of letters telling you why they won't cover it and don't have to!! STAY CLEAR OF ALL VW VEHICLES IF YOU DONT LIKE WASTING MONEY!!

- Michelle B., Ojai, CA, US

Oct 252017

CC

Bought the car 2 years ago with 40,000 miles on it. The engine lost power on the interstate while driving and took it to the Gossett VW dealership in Memphis to get fixed and they said that oil was leaking in 1 cylinder, another had no compression and the timing belt needed to be changed. The car was only worth $5500 and they said it would cost $6100 to fix. I ended up getting $500 salvage value because it stopped running while at the dealership. I kept all the maintenance up and the engine blew for the most part. I still owed on the car. Will never buy an audi or vw ever again. If you have one with the 4 cylinder turbo audi engine, it seems like they are having problems around 150k miles. Advise you to get rid of it before your engine blows.

- Alan B., Jackson, US

Apr 272017

CC RLine V6

This is a beautiful car but the lights on the dash all came on and by the time I got it to my repair shop it sounded like a grinder. Very loud, something broken inside. Could cost many thousands of dollars to fix it. There is a bulletin on this so hopefully Volkswagon will stand behind their product. We will see.

- Valori N., Slidell, US

Nov 252016

CC ES 2.0L Turbo

This is another catastrophic engine failure due to the tensioners in the timing chain failing and causing damage to the engine resulting in head replacement as well as tensioner kit.

- Steven R., Longwood, FL, US