6.0

Most common solutions:

1. cut roof off & re-weld (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Volkswagen dealer.

Aug 012018

Golf SportWagen Limited 1.8L T

Let me start by saying I LOVE my SportWagen- it handles great and is a very comfortable well-equipped car. Drove it off the lot new with 10 miles and the panoramic sunroof seemed like an awesome feature. HOWEVER, the sunroof started leaking about 2 months ago and has gotten progressively worse ever since. It even has standing water in the interior lights when it rains and I get soaked when I turn. I took it to the dealer for repair and found out all of their loaners were out so I've been without a car now 9 days even though this is warranty work for a now known problem it's up to the dealer's discretion to decide who gets the loaners.

I heard today that the fix for my car is to cut the roof off and have a non-VW body fix the issue and weld it back on. They will put on a new headliner paint the roof and I should have my car back in a week and it will be like new. Like I said I love my car, but in my opinion if a car is there for warranty work VW should supply a loaner. AND what does this do to the overall value of my car to have the roof cut & re-welded??? My car has 25,000 miles and is being cut apart as we speak.

I'm very disappointed in the VW customer service. After the Diesel scandal customer service should be a top priority. At the very least they should offer a loaner while the work is being done & possibly offer top dollar to trade it for a new VW just to keep me as a customer.

- Robin C., Memphis, TN, US

May 012017

Golf SportWagen Limited 1.8L Tsi

The car is 8 months old. Already been at dealer for 3 weeks for leaking roof that soaked the headliner. Got car back, within 2 weeks its leaking again.

- John S., SEMINOLE, FL, US