Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Volvo S60:

Feb 032016

S60

On Feb. 3rd, I was pulling into a parking space in front of a store when my S60 R type Volvo began to accelerate on its own and reached very high RPM. My foot was not even on the accelerator as the car normally idles fast enough to perform parking maneuvers. I hit the brake but the car continued to move. It jumped the sidewalk; hit the building and proceeded to dig a hole in the flowerbed at the store's front. This all happened in the length of a parking space. I can¿T remember whether I shut the ignition off or of the engine stopped on its own shortly after the collision. Neither the airbags nor the pedestrian avoidance braking system deployed. I hit the building so hard that the brick cracked inside and out of the structure. The door is still inoperable.

- Longview, TX, USA

May 132013

S60 5-cyl

When pressing the accelerator to enter traffic there was a very significant hesitation followed by a sudden lurch which almost lead to a T-bone accident. This was the third time this has happened in the last two weeks. Volvo found a service bulletin for 6 cylinder engine and installed the software upgrade. It is too early to tell if it worked.

- Knoxville, TN, USA