Audi Recall 74D1: Passenger Seat Occupant Detection System May Fail
2012 Audi A6
An air bag that does not deploy as intended increases the risk of occupant injury in a crash.
Air Bags — Sensor — Occupant Classification
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain model year 2012-2013 Audi A6 vehicles manufactured March 28, 2011, to March 25, 2013, and 2012-2013 Audi A7 vehicles manufactured January 25, 2011, to March 19, 2013. In vehicles with heated and cooled seats, the Passenger Occupant Detection System (PODS), used to enable the front passenger air bags, may malfunction and prevent the passenger-side air bags from deploying in a crash.
- Volkswagen will notify owners, and Audi dealers will install a PODS system repair kit, free of charge. The recall began on February 5, 2016. Owners may contact Audi customer service at 1-800-253-2834. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 74D1.
- Documents (10)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: February 03, 2016 Subject: Launch of Safety Recall 74D1 - Passenger Occupant Detection System (PODS) 2012-2013 Model Year Audi A6 and A7 with Heated/Cooled Seats
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Audi Safety Recall Code: 74D1 Release Date: February 4, 2016
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-1