Audi Recall 40O4/40O6: Shock Absorber Forks May Develop Cracks
2019 Audi S5
Loose shock absorbers may impair vehicle steering, increasing the risk of crash.
Suspension — Front — Shock Absorber
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Audi) is recalling certain 2019 Q7, Q8, S5 Cabriolet, and S5 Sportback vehicles. The front shock absorber forks may develop cracks allowing the shock absorbers to loosen.
- Audi has notified owners, and dealers will replace the shock absorber forks, free of charge. The recall began March 18, 2019. Owners may contact Audi customer service at 1-800-253-2834. Audi's number for this recall is 40O4.
- Documents (13)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - March 05, 2019 Repair Available – Safety Recall 40O4 / Shock Absorber (Suspension) Fork
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Acknowledgement
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - PRI
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-2
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 3
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-4