Cadillac Recall N192279200: Incorrect TPMS Sensors Installed/FMVSS 138
2020 Cadillac CT6
Drivers may drive the vehicle with low tire pressure without a low tire pressure warning, negatively impacting the vehicle handling and increasing the risk of a crash.
Tires — Pressure Monitoring And Regulating Systems
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2020 Cadillac CT6 vehicles equipped with dealer-installed accessory 20" x 8.50" wheels (RPO 5JO or SHH). The tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) sensors use the incorrect wireless radio frequency and cannot illuminate the low pressure warning light when the tire pressure drops below the recommended level. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 138, "Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems."
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace all four TPMS sensors with the correct sensors, free of charge. The recall began December 3, 2019. Owners may contact GM customer service at 1-586-596-1733. GM's number for this recall is N192279200.
- Documents (11)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for NonCompliance Recall N192279200 Incorrect Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: December 4, 2019 Subject: N192279200 -01 - Noncompliance Recall Incorrect Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor – US Only Customer Letter Added
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-4
- Safety Bulletin
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: October 15, 2019 Subject: N192279200 - Noncompliance Recall Incorrect Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor – US Only
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report
- Safety Bulletin