Chevrolet Engineering Analysis EA05008: TAILGATE SUPPORT CABLES
2002 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup
- General Motors is conducting a "special policy" program for 903,464 owners of 2000 - 2003 model S/T vehicles through which owners may, at their option, either (1) periodically inspect the tailgate support cables installed in their vehicle and have the cables replaced if the cable coating exhibits any indications of damage or deterioration or (2) request that the tailgate support cables be replaced free of charge. GM will honor all requests by owners who opt for replacement without question regardless of the condition or appearance of the cables. GM has agreed to mail reminder notifications to owners every two years until the tailgate support cables have been replaced or until the vehicle is 12 years old.ODI's investigation indicates that a significant majority of the reported complaints (87%) and injuries (94%) have occurred in MY 2000 - 2003 S/T vehicles.
- Documents (11)
- MEMO 12/21/2005THIS INFORMATION IS THE SAME INFROMATION THAT IS IN EA05-007
- CLOSING RESUME APPROVED '*P' 06/27/2006
- OPENING RESUME APPROVED GMC TAILGATE SUPPORT CABLE(S) BREAK -T.BOWMAN * 4/14/05 * P
- FORD JULY 29, 2005 LETTER TO ODI CAN BE FOUND UNDER INRL-EA05-007-21368P. THE CD CAN BE FOUND UNDER INME-EA05007-21369P
- FORD JULY 15, 2005 LETTER TO ODI CAN BE FOUND UNDER INRL-EA05-007-21371P. THE CD CAN BE FOUND UNDER INME-EA05007-21372P
- MEMO 7/8/2005 TO THE FILE, TOYOTA 7/8/2005 RESPONSE LETTER CAN BE FOUND UNDER EA05-007, INRL-EA05007-20950P CD INME-EA05007-20951P
- MEMO 7/22/2005 TO THE FILE, TOYOTA 7/22/2005 RESPONSE LETTER CAN BE FIND UNDER EA05-007, INRL-EA05007-20952P CD INME-EA05007-20953P
- IR TO PEER TOYOTA T.B. * 6/6/05 * P
- OTHER- TAILGATE CABLE SPECIAL POLICY NOTICE *08/10/2006*P
- OTHER LETTER REQUESTING TAILGATE CABLES T.B. * 6/6/05 * P
- CLOSING REPORT APPROVED '*' 05/08/2006 '*P'