Chevrolet Recall 17199: Air Bag Deployment May Injure Neck/FMVSS 208
2016 Chevrolet Spark
In the event of a crash with a frontal air bag deployment, an unbelted child in the front passenger seat has an increased risk of injury.
Air Bags — Passenger Side Frontal
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2016-2017 Chevrolet Spark vehicles. In the event of a crash, if a young child is seated improperly and not wearing a seat belt while in the front passenger seat, deployment of the front passenger air bag may injure the occupant's neck. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 208, "Occupant Crash Protection."
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger air bag module, free of charge. The recall began July 5, 2017. Owners may contact GM customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 17199.
- Documents (12)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: July 6, 2017 Subject: 17199 - Noncompliance Recall Front Passenger Airbag Deployment
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N172097790 Release Date: August 2017
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: August 28, 2017 Subject: 17199 01 – F/CMVSS Noncompliance Recall Front Passenger Airbag Deployment Revised Parts and Service Procedure
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-4
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: May 23, 2017 Subject: Upcoming Noncompliance Recall 17199 Passenger Airbag Module (PAB) Application for Used Vehicle Working Capital Assistance Program
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N172097790 Release Date: July 2017
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-3