Chrysler Engineering Analysis EA05009: HEADLIGHT MALFUNCTION
2001 Chrysler Town & Country
- Owner reports indicate allegations of improper headlight operation of one or both headlights.some report intermittent outage or dimming.many report that the condition is random; it sometimes does not repeat and lasts for a very short duration. A safety-related defect has not been identified at this time and further use of Agency resources does not appear to be warranted.accordingly, this investigation is closed.the closing of this investigation does not constitute a finding by NHTSA that a safety-related defect does not exist.the Agency will monitor this issue and reserves the right to take further action if warranted by the circumstances.see summary report for additional information.
- Documents (7)
- ODI IR 7/22/2005 LETTER TO CHRYSLER
- CHRYSLER RESPONSE ONE CD-ROM ENCLOSURES 1-7 AND 10-12.
- CLOSING RESUME APPROVED (DCX) HEADLIGHT MALFUNCTION -P.O. * 5/02/06 * P
- OPENING RESUME APPROVED DCX HEADLIGHT MALFUNCTION -A.M. * 6/1/05 * P
- DAIMLERCHRYSLER 6/9/2005 LETTER TO OCC REQUEST FOR CONFIDENTIAL TREATMENT
- OCC 11/3/2005 LETTER TO DAIMLERCHRYSLER GRANT CONFIDENTIAL TREATMENT TO DAIMLERCHRYSLER 6/9/2005 LETTER TO OCC
- CHRYSLER RESPONSE TO IR DATED JULY 22,2005 WITH ATTACHMENTS