Flash: 6.4L Powertrain Diagnostic And System Improvements
This bulletin involves reprogramming of the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) with the
Customers may experience one or more of the following symptoms and/or a Malfunction
Indicator Lamp (MIL) illumination. Upon further investigation the technician may find one or
more of the following Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs):
· P0456 - EVAP System Small Leak.
· P2299 - Brake Pedal Position/Accelerator Pedal Position Incompatible.
Customers may also notice the following condition(s):
· Brief engine idle fluctuation while in hot ambient temperatures.
· A slight hesitation during light pedal application after engine cold start.
· Driveline noises.
· Engine stumble/hesitation on a very hard pedal acceleration from a dead stop.
· Transmission enhancements during low speed braking turning maneuvers.
· False detonation (spark knock) detected during a wide open throttle (LA)
Challenger (Sales Codes ESH with DEC only).
In addition, the following software enhancement is available:
· Calibration Improvements for non-adaptive cruise control equipped vehicles.