Dodge Recall U56: Loss Of Visibility In Backup Camera/FMVSS 111
2018 Dodge Journey
A loss of image in the rearview camera while backing up can increase the risk of a crash.
Back Over Prevention — Sensing System — Camera
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2018 Dodge Journey and RAM 1500, 2500, and 3500 vehicles. The backup camera may experience a loss of image display while backing up. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 111, "Rearview Mirrors."
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the rearview mirror, free of charge. The recall began August 2, 2018. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is U56.
- Documents (14)
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 111
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 06/21/2018 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – U56
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - U56_U58 part availability
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - U56
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - July 2018
- Recall Quarterly Report
- Renotification Representative Copy
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2018-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2019-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-3