Ford Recall 20S31: Brake Master Cylinder May Leak Into Booster
2016 Ford F-150
A loss of brake fluid may result in a change in brake pedal travel and feel, increased pedal effort and reduced front brake function, possibly requiring greater effort and distance to stop the vehicle. These conditions can increase the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Master Cylinder
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Power Assist
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2014-2017 F-150 pickup trucks equipped with 3.5L Ecoboost engines. The brake master cylinder may leak brake fluid into the brake booster.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the brake master cylinder and inspect the brake booster, replacing it as necessary, free of charge. Ford issued owners an interim notification on June 30, 2020. The recall began on October 28, 2020. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 20S31.
- Documents (5)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Miscellaneous Document - Ford Motor Company (Ford) Recall No. 20S31 – Certain 2014-2017 model year Ford F-150 vehicles equipped with 3.5L Ecoboost engines brake cylinder leak into booster - Chronology
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Dealer Notification re Advance Notice – Safety Recall 20S31 Certain 2014-2017 Model Year F-150 Vehicles Equipped with 3.5L Ecoboost Engines Brake Master Cylinder Replacement
- Miscellaneous Document - Media Release re Door Latch Recall