Ford Recall 19S25: Front Seat Belts May Not Restrain Occupants
2015 Ford Fusion
A failed seat belt anchor cable cannot properly restrain the front seat occupants, increasing their risk of injury.
Seat Belts — Front
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2015 Fusion and Lincoln MKZ vehicles. In the event of a crash, heat from the deployment of a seat belt pretensioner may cause a front seat belt anchor cable to fail.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will apply a protective coating to the seat belt cable, free of charge. The recall began September 9, 2019. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 19S25. Note: This recall is an expansion of a recall 16V-875.
- Documents (8)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-3
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Safety Recall 19S25 - Certain 2015 Model Year Fusion and MKZ Vehicles Driver and Passenger Front Seatbelt Pretensioner Cable Repair
- Miscellaneous Document - Ford Media Center Aug 14, 2019 FORD MOTOR COMPANY ISSUES SAFETY RECALL FOR SELECT 2015 FORD FUSION AND 2015 LINCOLN MKZ VEHICLES FOR SEAT BELT ANCHOR PRETENSIONERS
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-4
- ISSUED Renotification Notice - IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL REMINDER