1.9

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Mustang:

Sep 172005

Mustang 6-cyl

The speedometer in 1998 Mustang stopped working intermittently. It will sometimes gauge speed incorrectly, and tell I am going about 85 mph when I am doing anywhere from 15-30 mph. Then it will all of a sudden stay on 0 mph. Sometimes turning the car off and restarting it resets it, other times it does not. I would say that the speedometer doesn't work accurately about 50% of the time. There was nothing that lead up to this happening, it just started one day. There is no way to tell if it is going to work when I turn it on or not. Sometimes it will get stuck on 0 mph for days, and the only time it will reset itself is when I get on a highway and do about 65 mph. So far, nothing has been done to correct the problem.

- Tucson, AZ, USA