Honda Recall JS7: Rear Seatbelt May Be Trapped
2016 Honda Pilot
If the third row seatbelt is trapped, the occupants may not be restrained properly, increasing the risk of injury.
Seat Belts — Rear/Other
- Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain model year 2016 Honda Pilot vehicles manufactured May 4, 2015, to June 5, 2015. Due to an assembly issue, the third row seatbelt may be trapped between the rear seat and the rear sideliner.
- Honda will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and repair the rear third row seat belt, free of charge. The recall began on August 6, 2015. Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-310-783-2000. Honda's number for this recall is JS7.
- Documents (15)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Honda Stop Sale/Safety Recall: 2016 Pilot Seat Belt Inspection
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Honda Stop Sale/Safety Recall: 2016 Pilot Seat Belt Inspection UPDATE
- Statement by American Honda Regarding Third Row Seatbelt Inspection Recall: 2016 Honda Pilot
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - Honda
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Honda
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-4
- Miscellaneous Document