Hyundai Recall 177: Bolts Damaging Side Curtain Air Bags
2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
In the event of a crash, if the air bags become damaged during deployment they may not inflate properly, increasing the risk of injury.
Air Bags — Side/Window
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe vehicles. The Side Curtain Air Bag (SCAB) mounting bolts may interfere with and damage the air bags during deployment.
- Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will install a protective cover over the SCAB installation bolts, free of charge. The recall began December 3, 2018. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460. Hyundai's number for this recall is 177.
- Documents (10)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall 573 Report
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2018-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-3
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers, etc.) Dealer Best Practices and FAQ's for Recall 177: 2019 Santa Fe Side Curtain Airbag (TSB #18-01-033.)
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-4