Jaguar Recall H349: Missing Welds May Weaken Rear Rail Assembly
2020 Jaguar XE
The weakened rear rail assembly may allow the rear bumper beam to detach when the vehicle is being towed or the tow-bar assembly to detach when towing a trailer. Either of these scenarios can increase the risk of a crash.
Structure — Body
- Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC (Jaguar) is recalling certain 2017-2018 and 2020 Jaguar XE vehicles that received a replacement rear rail assembly as part of a service repair. Missing spot welds may weaken the structural strength of the rear rail assembly.
- Jaguar will notify owners, and dealers will replace the rear rail assembly, free of charge. Owner letters were mailed May 7, 2021. Owners may contact Jaguar customer service at 1-800-452-4827. Jaguar's number for this recall is H349.
- Documents (10)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - NOTIFICATION OF SAFETY RECALL H349
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - SAFETY RECALL H349 (NHTSA 21V248) - REAR SIDE MEMBER ASSEMBLY MISSING SPOT WELDS
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2021-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2021-2
- H349 SAFETY RECALL JAGUAR XE REAR SIDE MEMBER BRACKETS