Jeep Recall T53: Rim Information Missing From Label/FMVSS 110
2018 Jeep Cherokee
The missing tire and rim designation information may lead to an incorrect combination being installed on the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
Equipment — Other — Labels
Wheels — Rim
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2017-2018 Jeep Cherokee vehicles. The tire and rim size information required to be on the Certification label was omitted during manufacturing, which may result in an incorrect tire and rim combination being installed on the vehicle. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 110, "Tire Selection and Rims."
- Chrysler will notify owners and will provide a corrected certification label, free of charge. The recall began October 13, 2017. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is T53.
- Documents (11)
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 110
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 09/05/2017 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – T5309052017
- Recall Acknowledgement
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-4
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Revised October 2017
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Certification Label
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - October 2017
- Email to Dealers from Area Manager_T53
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - IMPORTANT UPDATE - Recall Label Reprints By Mopar on Tuesday, February 20, 2018
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - *IMPORTANT* Recall Label Reprints on T53 and T62 By Mopar on Monday, January 29, 2018