Jeep Recall U52: Cylinder Or Camshaft Damage
2019 Jeep Cherokee
Cylinder damage or camshaft failure can cause the engine to stall, increasing the risk of a crash.
Engine And Engine Cooling — Engine
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2019 Jeep Cherokee vehicles equipped with 2.0L engines. The engines in these vehicles may be missing valve stem keepers, which can allow the valve to drop into the engine cylinder causing engine damage. These engines may also have a reversed camshaft cap that can damage the camshaft bearing causing camshaft failure.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and repair or replace the affected engine components, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began August 9, 2018. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is U52.
- Documents (14)
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - August 2018
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2018-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2018-4
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 06/01/2018 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – U52
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-1
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2019-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-3