Jeep Recall V63: Loss Of Air Bag Acceleration Sensor Connection
2019 Jeep Cherokee
In the event of a crash, the inability to properly detect a crash may result in improper air bag deployment, increasing the risk of injury.
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2019 Jeep Cherokee vehicles. The impact and acceleration sensors may fail and reduce the air bag system's ability to properly detect certain crash events.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the affected sensors, free of charge. The recall began August 8, 2019. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is V63.
- Documents (9)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 06/14/2019 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – V63
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 06/20/2019 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – V63
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-4
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-3
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)