Jeep Recall U48: Intermediate Steering Shaft May Split
2018 Jeep Wrangler
If the weld seam splits, the steering wheel may lose center positioning causing a loss of steering responsiveness and increasing the risk of a crash.
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain 2018 Jeep Wrangler vehicles. The intermediate steering shaft may not have been properly welded causing a split where the external spline is formed.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and, as necessary, replace the intermediate steering shaft, free of charge. The recall began June 21, 2018. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is U48.
- Documents (11)
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2018-3
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2018-4
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 06/01/2018 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – U48
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - June 2018
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2019-3