7.0

$290

Most common solutions:

1. replace window regulator drum gear (3 reports)
  2. new window regulator and motor (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Kia Sportage:

Jan 122022

Sportage LX 2.4L

2017 Kia Sportage passenger door window had slid down an inch. Immediate thought that just happened in November to the driver's door. Is this going to happen to all four windows? I searched on You Tube and found repair videos for this problem. Kia dealership here was correct, it is a little plastic gear that the window motor mates with to drive the window up and down. What a terrible procedure to fix this 20 cent part. Since the dealership charged me $284.00 in November 21 to fix the driver door, I assume this will cost the same. This is BS. It should be a Kia defect and recalled.

Feb 012022

Sportage LX 2.4L

2017 Kia Sportage drivers' side rear passenger window will not go up or down. Plastic gear must be stripped that is driven by the electric window motor. This is the 3rd window from November of 2021 to February of 2022 that has failed. This is a Kia problem, not the consumers' problem and expense. I have found some other posts online talking about the same problem with the 2017 Kia Sportage. The Kia dealership I purchased it from should be going to bat for me to get this covered by Kia.

Update from Mar 9, 2022: It is called a "window regulator drum gear" Call Kia consumer complaints at 800-333-4542. To fix all four windows at KIA Cape Coral it is going to cost me $1,134 for something that should be a recall.

Nov 042021

Sportage LX 2.4L

Drivers door window had slid down. The electric window switch made the noise as if it was working but had no effect on the window. I was able to pull the window up. Took it to the Cape Coral, Fl Kia dealership. They were familiar with the problem and said it was a plastic gear, motor driven, that had stripped. "Power windows motors drum gear stripped and spinning when used" They charged me $284 to fix it, no warranty coverage.

Jul 012020

Sportage LX

One of the windows stopped rolling down or up soI ended up buying new parts and I got it fixed. Then a month later the same problem occurred again with all 3 windows, went to the dealer ship and told them about the problem and they said, oh yeah, thats a common problem with this model. So I ended up buying more parts to get the windows fixed. It cost me almost $2,000 to fix this

- Iyad O., Orlando, FL, US