Mercedes-Benz Recall 2018110002: Starter Battery Has Exposed Positive Cable
2018 Mercedes-Benz C300
If the battery is shorted, the emergency door unlocking would be deactivated for an outside responder and the short circuit could increase the risk of a fire.
Electrical System — Battery — Cables
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is recalling certain 2018 Mercedes-Benz C300 4Matic Coupe, C300 4Matic Cabrio, E300, E300 4Matic, C300, C300 4Matic, C300 Coupe and C300 Cabrio vehicles. The cover for the starter battery may not cover the live positive electrical wire, and in certain crashes, the vehicle's strut brace may deform and short circuit the battery.
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will replace the positive pole cover, free of charge. The recall began November 27, 2018. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-800-367-6372. MBUSA's number for this recall is 2018110002.
- Documents (12)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - RE: Recall Campaign Initial Notification - Replace Battery Cover MY18 205 213 (C-Class, E-Class
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 1
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2018-4
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 2
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- RE: Recall Campaign Launch Notification Replace Battery Cover MY18 205 213 (C-Class, E-Class)
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-4