Mercedes-Benz Recall 2018080015: Child Seat Anchor May Detach In A Crash
2018 Mercedes-Benz E400
If the ISOFIX console partially detaches in a crash, it can increase the risk of injury for a child in a child seat.
Child Seat — Vehicle Latch Anchor
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is recalling certain 2018 Mercedes-Benz E400 Cabrio and E400 4Matic Cabrio vehicles. The child seat anchoring system (ISOFIX) in these vehicles may not have been properly installed. As a result, in the event of a crash, the ISOFIX console may partially detach from the car body.
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the ISOFIX console, and replace it if necessary, free of charge. The recall began September 28, 2018. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-800-367-6372. MBUSA's number for this recall is 2018080015.
- Documents (13)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 2
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2018-4
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - RE: Recall Campaign Launch Notification - Check ISOFIX Cross-Member - MY18 A238 (E-Class Cabrio) - DATE: September 14, 2018
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2018-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2019-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-2
- ISSUED Renotification Notice