Mercedes-Benz Recall 2018120010: Steering Coupling May Not Have Been Locked
2018 Mercedes-Benz E400
If the steering connection was not properly locked, the mechanical connection between the steering wheel and steering rack may come loose, reducing steering ability and increasing the risk of a crash.
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is recalling one 2018 Mercedes-Benz E400 Coupe and one C300 4Matic Coupe. The steering coupling may not have been correctly locked during manufacturing.
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the steering coupling and lock it correctly if necessary, free of charge. The recall began January 18, 2019. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-800-367-6372. MBUSA's number for this recall is 2018120010.
- Documents (10)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-1
- Recall 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- RE: Recall Campaign 2018120010 Launch Notification Check Steering Coupling Locking Status MY 18- C-Class Coupe, E-Class Coupe (205, 238)
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 2
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-3