Mercedes-Benz Recall 2018070008: Child Seat Tether Anchorage Missing/FMVSS 225
2018 Mercedes-Benz GLA250
If the top tether anchorage point is missing, a child seat will not be able to be properly installed in the center rear seat position, increasing the risk of injury.
Child Seat — Vehicle Tether Anchor
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is recalling certain 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLA250 and GLA250 4Matic vehicles. The child seat top tether anchorage point on the center position of the rear seat may not have been installed. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 225, "Child Restraint Anchorage Systems."
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will replace the rear seat backrest, free of charge. The recall began August 15, 2018. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-800-367-6372.
- Documents (12)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- June 29, 2018 - RE: Recall Campaign Initial Notification - Retrofit Top Tether Anchor -MY18 156 (GLA-Class)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- RE: Recall Campaign 2018070008 Launch Notification Retrofit Top Tether Anchor MY18 156 (GLA-Class)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 225
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2018-4
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 1
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2018-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2019-4