Mercedes-Benz Recall 2018080006: Panoramic Sunroof May Detach
2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE350
If the front cover and/or rear fixed glass are not properly adhered, they may detach, creating a road hazard and increasing the risk of a crash.
Visibility — Sun Roof Assembly
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is recalling certain 2018 GLE350, GLE350 4Matic, and GLE43 AMG vehicles. During manufacturing, components of the panoramic sunroof may have been installed with a bonding primer that was incorrectly made, possibly affecting the long-term adhesion to the vehicle.
- MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the panoramic sunroof, replace it if necessary, free of charge. The recall began September 7, 2018. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-800-367-6372. MBUSA's number for this recall is 2018080006.
- Documents (13)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 1
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 3
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 2
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- RE: Recall Campaign Launch Notification Check Panoramic Sunroof Panel MY18 166 (GLE-Class)
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2018-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2018-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2019-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-2