2013-2015 ALTIMA; ROUGH IDLE ON START UP
IF YOU CONFIRM
Under the conditions listed below, when the engine is started it runs rough (rough idle) for a few seconds, and then will idle normally:
- Ambient temperature is between 25°F and 45°F (-4°C - 7°C).
- The engine has been OFF (not running) long enough for the engine to be close to the same temperature as the ambient temperature (about 6 hours).
NOTE: This bulletin does not apply to the following issues:
- Engine does not start.
- Engine has a long crank time before starting.
1. Inspect the PCV valve (see page 2).
- If the PCV valve is orange in color, replace it.
- See the PARTS INFORMATION.
- If the PCV valve is black in color, do not replace it.
2. Refer to step 6 in the SERVICE PROCEDURE to confirm if a reprogram is available for the vehicle you are working on.
3. If a reprogram is available, reprogram the ECM.