Nissan Recall : Fuel Tank May Leak/FMVSS 301
2019 Nissan Altima
A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source increases the risk of a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Delivery — Fuel Pump
- Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain 2019 Altima vehicles equipped with front wheel drive (FWD) and 2.5 liter engines. The fuel pump lock ring may not be fully engaged, possibly causing fuel to leak. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 301, "Fuel System Integrity."
- Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the fuel tank assembly. If the lock ring is disengaged, dealers will tighten the ring to specification. If the lock ring is detached, dealers will replace the fuel pump. Both remedies will be completed free of charge. The recall began May 15, 2019. Owners may contact Nissan customer service at 1-800-867-7669.
- Documents (10)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - PC692 Force Feed with Region
- Recall Acknowledgement
- NONCOMPLIANCE INFORMATION REPORT
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 301
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - NISSAN CAMPAIGN BULLETIN Fuel Pump Voluntary Recall Campaign Reference: PC692 Date: April 19, 2019
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-4