THEFT ALARM SOUNDS WHEN VEHICLE IS LOCKED, UNLOCKED, OR DOOR/TRUNK OPENED
IF YOU CONFIRM
Intermittently, the theft alarm triggers (horn sounds and lights flash) when one of the following occur:
- Using the lock, unlock, or trunk open function on the Intelligent Key
- Pushing a handle request switch (door or trunk)
- Opening a door or the trunk with the vehicle unlocked
CONSULT-III plus (C-III plus) shows the last item to trigger the theft alarm is BATTERY.
- Refer to Check Last Item to Trigger Theft Alarm on the next page.
Replace the Body Control Module (BCM).
- Refer to the Electronic Service Manual, section BCS-Body Control Systems, for replacement information.
- Use the new BCM listed in the PARTS INFORMATION section.