Nissan Recall PM985: Tie Rods May Be Bent
2020 Nissan Sentra
A bent tie rod can break, causing a loss of steering control and increasing the risk of a crash.
Steering — Linkages — Tie Rod Assembly
- Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain 2020-2021 Sentra vehicles. The left and/or right tie rod may be bent.
- Dealers will inspect and replace the left and/or right tie rods as necessary, free of charge. Owner notification letters were mailed August 5, 2021. Owners may contact Nissan customer service at 1-800-867-7669. Nissan's number for this recall is PM985.
- Documents (10)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- June 17, 2021 DEFECT INFORMATION REPORT
- July 6, 2021 DEFECT INFORMATION REPORT
- Manufacturer NoticPM985 2020-2021 Sentra Inner Tie Rod - VSRC - Dealer Announcementes(to Dealers,etc) - NISSAN
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2021-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2021-4