Nissan Recall : Alternator Harness May Short
2017 Nissan Titan
An electrical short may cause an engine stall, increasing the risk of a crash. In addition, it increases the risk of a fire.
Electrical System — Alternator/Generator/Regulator
Electrical System — Wiring
- Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain 2017-2019 gasoline, light duty, Titan vehicles. The alternator harness may have been damaged during the engine installation process, possibly resulting in an electrical short.
- Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the alternator harness for the proper routing and any damage. The harness will be clipped into the correct position or replaced as necessary, free of charge. The recall began August 8, 2019. Owners may contact Nissan customer service at 1-800-867-7669.
- Documents (10)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-3
- DEFECT INFORMATION REPORT
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- DEFECT INFORMATION REPORT June 26, 2019
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - NISSAN CAMPAIGN BULLETIN Generator Harness Voluntary Recall Campaign Reference: PC673 Date: June 27, 2019
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-4